Call for applications for the 6th UNESCO Youth Leadership Workshop 2020 in Seoul, South Korea. The duration of the fully-funded leadership program in Korea is one week and the youth workshop will be held in Seoul from 25 to 31 May 2020. You don’t need IELTS/TOEFL for the UNESCO/APCEIU South Korea leadership workshop.
UN youth conference is fully funded and all the expenses will be covered by the organizer. international travel and workshop fees will be covered by APCEIU. The one-week Workshop aims to build the capacity of dynamic youth leaders around the world to identify strategies to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It is one of the best leadership programs in the world.
In this context, the Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) is committed to empowering youth by providing a platform, Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED, where young people can meet, share and work together to drive changes towards a Culture of Peace at various levels.
The 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED in 2020 will focus on empowering young people as trainers/educators for GCED and seeking effective strategies to maximize youth contribution in fostering global citizenship. Held in Seoul, the Workshop will invite 35 dynamic youth leaders around the world, including those from developing countries and representatives of marginalized groups and the participating youth will be fully engaged in dialogue and capacity-building training for five days.
UNESCO Youth Leadership Workshop 2020 Details:
- South Korea
Organizers and Partners
- Organizer: APCEIU
- Sponsor: Ministry of Education of the Republic of Korea
- Cooperation Partner: GCED Youth Network
- 1 Week
The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education) from 25 to 31 May 2020.
- During the Workshop, participants will identify specific priority issues around global citizenship and establish plans for the future direction of GCED. Working both individually and in groups, the young leaders will devise the goals and strategies for use at local and national levels.
- Participants will learn about specific areas such as GCED and human rights through information sessions and engage in dialogue and debates on the evolving issues. As part of the Workshop, participants will make a field visit to discuss the role of youth for a more peaceful and sustainable future.
APCEIU will provide:
- Meals, and local transportation for all participants during the workshop
- APCEIU will also cover the round-trip international airfare to and from Seoul, Korea.
- Certificates of completion will be offered at the end of the workshop only if you have attended more than 95% of the workshop program.
- The insurance in case of accidents during the workshop period in Korea will be covered by APCEIU
- To deepen youth leaders’ understanding of Global Citizenship Education (GCED)
- To provide a forum for participating youth leaders to discuss and establish action plans suitable
for the implementation of GCED at local, national, and regional levels
- To identify innovative youth-led initiatives on GCED in different regions
- Youth participants’ capacity enhanced in implementing GCED at local and global levels
- Increased commitment of youth participants in fostering global citizenship and education sector
- Action plans developed by sub-groups for the implementation of follow-up activities
- Regional youth initiatives identified in cooperation with the GCED Youth Network
Participants will be selected on the basis of their previous experiences, present engagement and future
commitment in educating and engaging with youth for the promotion of GCED at the local and national
levels. Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Born between 1992 and 2001
- Workshop only provides opportunities to youths who are citizens of both the ODA recipient countries and the UNESCO member states.
- Minimum 2 years of active experience in youth activities
- Completion of the e-learning course titled “Becoming Global Citizens for a Sustainable Society”
on GCED Online Campus (www.gcedonlinecampus.org) by 9 March 2020 *
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
UNESCO Member States in Development Assistance Committee(DAC) List of ODA Recipient Countries
- Submission: Application must be submitted online.
- Notification: Notification of selection in the form of invitation letter will be sent by 26 March 2020.
- Registration: All selected participants must register by 27 March 2020 at the latest. Late registration will not be accepted and will be considered a cancellation of participation. In case of cancellation, the invitation will be forwarded to the next applicant on the waiting list.
How to Apply for UNESCO Leadership Program in Korea?
The application form is very simple. You need to submit an online application. Section I of the application consists of instruction and Section II of the application consists of 3 parts which should be filled out by the applicant.
- The deadline for the UNESCO Youth Leadership Workshop 2019 in Seoul, Korea is 17 March 2020.
Note: For more Amazing & Fully-Funded national and international opportunities, visit our website scholarshipscorner.website and Follow us on Facebook Page, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and Telegram.
Deadline is March 17, 2020