The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD 2020) is now open for applications. The Global UGRAD in the USA is a fully-funded exchange program and it is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government and administered by World Learning.
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) brings future leaders to the U.S. to experience the U.S. educational system, share their culture, and explore U.S. culture and values. Global UGRAD is administered by World Learning on behalf of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
Since 2008, World Learning has provided this opportunity to over 2,200 Global UGRAD students. Participants leave the U.S. with the tools to become leaders in their professions and communities. Global UGRAD alumni go on to receive Fulbright grants, obtain prestigious international internships, and work in business and government in their home countries and regions.
Stay in touch and keep visiting our Facebook page Scholarships Corner for live sessions and guidelines about different opportunities. We also share opportunities on our Instagram account on a daily basis. Follow us on Instagram “scholarshipscorner” and Don’t miss any opportunity.
Global Undergraduate Exchange Program 2020 Details:
- The United States of America
- The U.S. Department of State
- World Learning
- Promote mutual understanding between people of the United States and other countries.
- Provide a fulfilling exchange experience to drive academic, cross-cultural, and leadership competencies for students from Global UGRAD countries.
- Enhance students’ academic knowledge and professional skills needed to pursue long-term academic and career goals.
- Cultivate students’ comprehensive and nuanced understanding of the U.S.
- Facilitate opportunities for students to establish social networks with U.S. host institutions and local communities.
- Empower students to engage constructively in the civic life of their local and global communities.
- Global UGRAD alumni go on to receive Fulbright grants, obtain prestigious international internships, and work in business and government in their home countries and regions.
The eligibility criteria of the fully-funded student exchange program are given below:
- over 18 years of age;
- a citizen of a UGRAD participating country, currently residing in that country;
- enrolled as an undergraduate in good standing at any accredited university, public or private, and has at least one semester remaining at their home university at the conclusion of the UGRAD program;
- completed secondary education in their home country;
- a solid command of written and spoken English (English Language training for some finalists is possible);
- able to begin studies in the United States in August 2019 or January 2020 (selected participants may not defer to a later date);
- eligible to receive and maintain the US student exchange visa (J-1) required for the program;
- cleared by a physician to participate in the program;
- committed to returning to their home country after the completion of the program.
- Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cambodia, China, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Georgia, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mauritania, Mauritius, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Oman, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Zimbabwe
How to Apply for International Exchange Program 2020 in the USA?
You can apply through the online application system. Answer all the questions and fill all the required fields.
- The last date to apply for the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program in USA [GLOBAL UGRAD 2020] is December 31, 2019.
Deadline is December 31, 2019