Call for applications for the Flinders University Scholarship 2020 in Australia. The fully-funded scholarships in Australia are funded by the Australian Government. International students from all over the world can apply for master’s degree scholarships and PhD scholarships.
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (AGRTPS) (International) are specifically intended to support international students to undertake a Higher Degree by research at Flinders University. The duration of the Research Doctorate degree is up to 3 years and the Research Masters degree is up to 2 years.
A limited number (up to 10) of AGRTPS are available each year and the international scholarship round is highly competitive. The AGRTPS is awarded to candidates who demonstrate an outstanding aptitude for independent research. AGRTPS are considered on the basis of academic merit, academic research training, and research indicators and performance.
Flinders University is a public university in Adelaide, South Australia. Founded in 1966, it was named in honor of British navigator Matthew Flinders, who explored and surveyed the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century. It’s a great chance for international students to study one of the top universities in Australia.
Flinders University Scholarship 2020 in Australia Details:
- Flinders University
- Master’s Degree
- Doctoral Degree
For Webinars and informative videos, Subscribe Scholarships Corner Youtube Channel
The Full Scholarship by the Australian Government will cover the following expenses:
- International tuition fee
- A living stipend paid at the rate of $28,092 (2020 rate)
- Overseas Health Care cover
- Relocation costs and Airfares (up to $1,485)
Check and Apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program 2020 – Fully Funded
To be eligible for a Flinders University Scholarship, applicants must:
- be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand, and not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship; and
- successfully completed a degree comparable with an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for at the time of application.
- AGRTPS applicants must not hold a Doctorate degree
- Applicants must not hold a Masters by Research degree if seeking an AGRTPS to undertake a Masters degree;
- Applicants must not have held an Australia Award Scholarship / (AusAID) scholarship within the two years prior to the commencement of their AGRTPS;
Please see the attached conditions of award for full eligibility criteria.
Check and Apply for the Adelaide International Scholarships in Australia 2020-21 – Fully Funded Scholarship in 2020
Required Documents or Application Requirements:
- You must make contact with an academic staff member and have an informal agreement from that person to supervise you if successful. Email evidence of the supervisor’s agreement should be included with your application. Applicants who do not have a supervisor at the time of application will not be considered for an AGRTPS/FIPRS.
- You must include evidence that you have published; you may include up to five of your publications with your application. Each publication must be accompanied by a completed cover sheet; publications without coversheets will not be considered. Publications will be used to judge the quality of previous research in the area that you intend to study at Flinders University. Applicants with more than five publications should consult with their Flinders University supervisor and select the top five. Explain briefly why these five were chosen. Do not provide more than five publications. Additional publications may be noted on your CV or in a separate list. Coversheets are not required for publications listed on the CV but not included among the top five.
- Typically, only publications in English should be included among the top five. Publications in other languages will be accepted only if the nature of the publication (for example, a report to a government agency) dictates that another language is most appropriate.
- Publications must not be more than 5 years old
- Please note, due to the highly competitive nature of the AGRTPS, applicants who have not published are unlikely to be competitive.
- You must provide certified copies of all university-level academic transcripts, translated into English, please do not provide secondary school certificates or noneducational certificates or awards.
- You must include a research proposal of approximately 500 words in length, outlining the problem, hypothesis or question, and the methodology or approach.
- Complete Section A of two copies of the Academic Referee’s Confidential Report forms and forward them to two appropriate referees of your choice. If possible the referees should have an informed, personal and professional knowledge of your academic ability and be able to exercise judgment of your research potential. Indicate on your application form who the Referee Report forms have been sent to. Academic Referee reports must be returned to [email protected] by 7 August 2020.
- An updated CV outlining your work experience, all research experience, and a full list of cited publications should be included with your application.
Application Format & Language
- All documents must be uploaded via the application portal and should be in English. Please save as a PDF and scan and save it in the correct orientation. Please name all documents with your family name and document name, for example, name_Transcript, name_publication 1.
How to get Admission on Scholarship in Australia?
To apply for an AGRTPS and FIPRS, you will need to first submit an application for admission to a higher degree by research (PhD or Master of Arts by research) followed by an application for the International RHD Scholarship group, which will produce an application for both the AGRTPS and FIPRS via the Student info system. You can apply for admission at any time but before the closing date.
If you already have a current offer for admission to a Higher Degree by Research, you do not need to apply for admission again.
Check and Apply for Australia Awards Scholarships 2020 – Fully Funded
- Applications Flinders University Scholarship close Friday 7 August 2020 at 5 pm Australia, Adelaide local time.
Note: For more Amazing & Fully-Funded national and international opportunities, visit our website scholarshipscorner.website and Follow us on Facebook Page, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Youtube Channel, and Telegram.