Harvard University and MIT have created a free online learning platform named edX. edX Online Courses with certificates are open to anyone. Students can find more than 2000 free online courses that they can take from their homes. Moreover, these massive open online courses are free and taught by international professors.
edX learning platform provides the accessibility to perform research into a learning-based environment. This platform is a non-profit organization that doesn’t charge any enrolment fee. edX is offering courses from more than 140 schools in diverse fields of study. Until now more than 18 million students have been enrolled and completed nearly 22000 courses online from edX.
Online courses at edX are weekly based and self-paced. Courses are composed of short videos, interactive learning tasks, and practice exercises. Online textbook, review questions, discussion sessions, and comments. At the completion of the course, edX provides a certificate (fee charged) or if a student cannot afford the fee can apply for financial assistance to get the certificate for that course.
edX Online Courses with Certificates Details:
Online Learning Platform:
Mode of Learning:
- Online (virtual)
No of Online Short Courses:
- More than 2500 courses (2000+ free courses)
You might be interested in Free Online Courses with Free Certificates. Check it now.
edX Popular Subjects:
- Computer science
- Data Science
- Business & Management
Benefits of edX Free Online Courses:
- Increases the ability to learn job skills
- Self-paced course
- No travel is necessary
- No registration fee
- Free of cost
edX Verified Certificates:
- Verified certificates are provided upon the completion of course.
- Certificate-based courses involve quizzes, assignments, and exams.
- You can enroll in courses for free but if you need a certificate then you need to pay for that. If you can afford to pay, you can apply for edX financial assistance.
Do Students Get Financial Assistance for Verified Certificates?
- Students who cannot afford a fee of the verified certificates can apply for financial assistance.
- EdX offers a 90% reduction for a verified certificate by completing the financial assistance application.
- For professional education courses, financial assistance is not available now.
- No prerequisites
- Check the information on the right side of the course registration page.
How to Apply for edX Financial Assistance?
- As an adult learner, enroll in the course of interest, then fill up the financial assistance.
- The application takes up to 2-4 business days to get reviewed.
- If the application for financial assistance gets accepted, up to 90% financial assistance code will be emailed to the applicant.
- On the payment form, the financial assistance code will be written at a discounted rate.
Watch the following video to learn how to apply for edX courses for free and how to apply for financial assistance?
How to get Registered in edX courses?
To get registered for an edX account, the following steps are supposed to perform
- Enter your email address
- Enter your full name
- Create a public username (username cannot be replaced once it is created)
- Create a password
- Select your country
- Select create your account