The Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) invites motivated, qualified, and talented citizens of the East African Community for the EAC Scholarship. The East African Community Scholarship 2021-22 is a fully-funded scholarship program for master’s students. The goal of this master’s degree scholarship is to train the young leaders that will help in strengthening regional cooperation among the EAC partner states.
The EAC Scholarship Program was launched by the Federal Republic of Germany and the East African Community. The project was initiated by the mutual understanding of the EAC Secretariat and Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) with KfW (German Development Bank). The aim of this scholarship program is to create future young leaders which work together for the better future of the East African Community region.
The duration of the KfW- funded Scholarships for African students is two years. The students must have an admission offer for the master’s degree program from the universities of EAC partner state other than their home universities. A total of 63 scholarships are available for the academic year 2021-2022 under the East Africa scholarship program for EAC students.
The EAC scholarship project offers many benefits to the students including fully-funded scholarships for master’s degrees, internships, leadership training, capacity building, networking, and mentoring. Therefore, it is a great chance for the EAC students to complete their studies without any financial burden and to contribute to their regions. Individuals with any kind of disability and women from these regions are highly welcomed to apply. There are many other benefits of the KfW scholarship program which are further discussed in the given paragraphs.
East African Community Scholarship 2021-22 | EAC Scholarship:
- East African Community and the Federal Republic of Germany.
- Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Kenya
- Kenyatta University, Kenya
- Kibabii University, Kenya
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- INES- Ruhengeri, Rawanda
- Kyambogo University, Uganda
- Makerere University, Uganda
- Mbarara University of Science & Technology, Uganda
- Moshi Co-operative University, Tanzania
- Sokoine University of Agriculture, Tanzania
- University of Dodoma, Tanzania
- Master’s Degree
- Business Science programs.
Duration of the EAC Scholarship 2021-22:
- 2 years.
No. of Scholarships:
- Up to 63 Scholarships
Eligible Programs for EAC Master’s Scholarship 2021-22:
- Master of Science in Advanced Manufacturing and Automation Engineering
- Master of Science in Leather Technology
- Master of Science in Food Science & Technology
- Master of Science in Geothermal Energy Technology
- Master of Science in Physics
- Master of Science in Biotechnology
- Master of Science in Crop Protection (Plant Pathology)
- Master of Science in Integrated Soil Fertility Management
- Master of Science in Applied Mathematics
- Master of Science in Entrepreneurship
- Master of Business Administration with I.T
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in ICT
- Master of Science in Meteorology
- Master of Art in Microfinance
- Master of Science in Taxation
- Master of Science in Conservation and Natural Resources Management
- Master of Science in Physics
- Master of Public Infrastructures Management
- Master of Science in Zoology, Entomology and Fisheries Science
- Master of Science in Statistics
- Master of Science in Technology, Innovation, and Industrial Development
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Science in Quantitative Economics
- Master of Science in Biology
- Master of Science in Chemistry
- Master of Science in Medical Lab science
- Master of Business Management
- Master of Arts in Cooperative and Community Development
- Master of Arts in Procurement and Supply Management
- Master of Science in Irrigation Engineering and Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology
Benefits of the East African Scholarship 2021-22:
- The applicants will get a return economy air ticket between their home and host countries.
- The scholarship will cover all the university tuition fees.
- The applicants will get a monthly stipend of EUR 380. The applicant will use this stipend for living expenses such as housing, utilities, local transportation, food, and settlement expenses.
- The applicants will get a one-off allowance of EUR 1,500 for study materials and research.
- The applicants will get medical insurance.
Eligibility Criteria of the East African Community Scholarship 2021-22:
- The candidate must be a citizen of the partner state of the East African Community.
- The candidates must be below 35 years of age at the time of applying for the scholarship.
- The applicant must have an equivalent of Upper Second-Class Honours or “Distinction”.
- The candidates must have secured admission in any other partner state of the EAC region. The university must not be in its home region.
- The candidate must submit a motivation letter with the application. The motivation letter must be n English.
How to Apply for the East African Scholarship 2021-22:
The applicants must apply for the university admission and scholarship separately. The applicant can apply for more than one university and more than one programme, however, the applicants must fill the application form of each program separately.
1) University Application
- First, choose the field of study and university of choice from the list given above.
- Then, fill the application form of the university. The admission form can be found on the official website of each university.
- Pay the university application fee.
- Submit the application form with the supporting documents.
2) EAC Scholarship Application
- Fill the EAC scholarship online registration form.
- Go to the scholarships section on the IUCEA website and download the scholarship application form and fill it and email this form along with the supporting documents in Pdf format (one zip folder) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- The subject line of the email must include YOUR NAME, PROGRAMME APPLIED FOR AND UNIVERSITY e.g. Tsavo Simba, MBA at Adroit University
Required Documents for East African Community Scholarship 2021-22:
The following documents are required with the application.
- Copy of university application and its attachments.
- Singed CV
- Certified Copies of Degrees
- Certified Copies of Transcripts
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
- National Identity Card/Passport/Birth Certificate
- Medical reports, letters of reference, etc.
- The application deadline for the EAST African Community (EAC) Scholarship program is September 17th, 2021.