CSC Professional Fellowships in UK is a fully funded fellowship program that enables participants from low and middle-income countries to spend a period of time in the UK for free. The commonwealth professional fellowship opportunity is a platform where the individuals become a real part of an organization in the UK and work for their professional development. The Commonwealth Fellowship in UK provides all the chances for the fellows to enhance their knowledge and skills in their respective fields and have an impact on their communities.
All Commonwealth Professional Fellowships are provided by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission. The commission uses multiple networks to make a link with all the commonwealth alumni. Social gatherings are being arranged by the host organizations to let the fellows have a deep understanding of the work of other fellows. For this, the CSC’s Alumni Community Engagement Fund (ACEF) plays its role. It is an annual fund that is used to support Commonwealth Alumni in raising awareness of key development issues at the community level. They are expected to raise awareness through the organization of engagement activities.
CSC Fellowships program is for the mid-career professional and the basic purpose of this program is to create a big impact from small changes. Each year the program has specific themes on which the fellows work while using their knowledge and utilizing their skills in uplifting their communities. CSC Fellowship shows the commitment of the UK government to the betterment of commonwealth countries. So, this is the golden opportunity for the professional of low-income and middle-income commonwealth countries to become part of world-class organizations in the UK and make a difference at their workplaces.
This year the theme of the commonwealth fellowship 2022/23 is related to the area of Clean Energy, Air, and Oceans. At the end of the Commonwealth Fellowship program, the fellows are expected to excel in ideas generation, research, cooperation and collaboration, communication, debate, self-study, and public speaking. Moreover, the fellows will get high-level experience in research in renewable energy generation, respiratory health, climate change, clean air, science, technology, and public policy. CSC international fellowship Program in UK expects from the participants a developed capacity in promoting clean energy, air, and oceans by using their spheres of influence in the rural as well as the urban communities.
CSC Professional Fellowships in UK 2022-23:
- United Kingdom
- Commonwealth Scholarship Commission
Host Institutions in the UK:
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Salford
- Knowledge 4 Change
- Lifegate Outreach Centre
Benefits of the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2022-23:
- The fellows will receive a monthly allowance during the fellowship time period. The award will be provided at the rate of £1,782 per month, and the award will be £2,197 for those organizations that will be in London metropolitan.
- The fellows will be given a return ticket from their home country to the UK.
- The standard visa fee will be reimbursed to all the selected fellows.
- Disable fellows will be provided with additional financial support as a disability allowance by CSC.
- The fellows will be given the arrival grant and warm clothing allowance up to £972.59.
- In order to attend the events related to Clean Energy, Air and Oceans a £1,000 travel allowance per fellow will be given.
- The host organizations can be greedy to provide up to £3,000 to the fellows so that they could visit other host organizations in UK, events, and conferences.
Eligibility Criteria of the CSC Professional Fellowships 2022-23:
- The candidate must be a citizen and permanent resident of an eligible commonwealth country.
- The candidates who have refugee status in an eligible commonwealth country can also apply.
- The candidates who are on the list of British Protected persons can apply.
- The candidate must have at least five years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience in the relevant field. Volunteer work will not be counted.
- The candidate must be having employment in the relevant field at the time of fellowship.
- The candidate must be able to provide reference letters and one must be from the current employer.
- The candidate must not have received any commonwealth professional fellowship in the recent five years.
- The candidate must not be taking any academic study or any academic research.
Eligible countries for the Commonwealth Fellowship 2022-34 in the UK:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and The Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
How to apply for the Commonwealth Fellowship in UK?
- The candidates have to apply online through the given link.
- The candidates have to provide all their required details correctly.
- Make sure to answer all the relevant essay questions.
- Give a comprehensive personal statement that could show your compatibility with the program.
- It is preferred that reference letters must be sent by your referees directly.
- The candidates have to provide a Development Impact statement in 4 parts.
- Provide all the details within the given word limit.
Commonwealth Fellowship Application Deadline:
- Open until 16:00 (BST) on the 15th of August 2022.