Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2023 is a golden chance for students to pursue their higher studies in the UK for free. The most talented, extraordinary, and promising students are called for this fully-funded UK scholarship who are unable to come to the UK to study otherwise. The Commonwealth master’s scholarships are designed in a way to bring candidates of great credentials from under-developed, lower-income, and from lower-middle-income commonwealth countries. The scholarships are provided by keeping into account the surety of promoting equity and inclusion, a reward of merit, and accessibility to disadvantaged groups. The scholarship is no doubt a stepping stone for the candidates into a world full of opportunities and successful careers.
This Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Program comes under the umbrella of the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission which is responsible for managing and providing the main UK Government Scholarships. However, the CSC is an executive and independent body that is directly sponsored by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office. The main purpose of the CSC is to fulfill the mission and to promote the vision of the UK Government to endure the commitment of development towards the Commonwealth Nations. For this, international scholarship programs are introduced to attract the best minds to UK universities to ensure the development and prosperity of the nations as well as safeguard the UK’s national interests.
The fully-funded scholarship for international students is also a milestone for fellow candidates to enter into a pool of learning and cooperation. It provides the fellows with the opportunity to interact with current and former Commonwealth fellows through the alumni networks. From these networks, the fellows get to know about the ideas of others, their research and discuss different academic issues and try to collaborate with others on multiple projects. These are Knowledge Hubs and Regional Networks for the Commonwealth fellow to interact with each other. However, Regional Networks have the opportunity to interact with each other. The Knowledge Hubs on the other side are for all and are being coordinated through the Knowledge Hub Coordinators via Linkedin.
The Commonwealth Scholarships come up with six main themes. These themes are to support sustainable development and to have an effective role in the social well-being of the participating nations. Talking about well-being, the Commonwealth Commission is very keen on the well-being of the candidates as well; for they are the assets who are going to transform their nations into better versions. For this UKCISA provides all the probable help to the students to adjust to the new environment and to prevent cultural shock. They are provided with support in different areas such as social, emergency, LGBTQ1, and other general help, etc. Furthermore, with the collaboration of the National Health System, comprehensive information is provided related to any medical emergency. In short, this scholarship opportunity is all about the educational success, development, and well-being of the students from the Commonwealth countries.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2023 in the UK:
- United Kingdom
- Universities of UK (should be selected by the candidate before applying)
- Master’s Degree Program
Benefits of Commonwealth Shared Master’s Scholarships 2023 in the UK:
- The full tuition fee would be covered by the grant given by the CSC.
- A return airfare ticket will be provided.
- A monthly stipend of £1,236 will be provided.
- In case the students are studying in the London Metropolitan area universities, a monthly stipend of £1,516 will be given.
- A warm clothing allowance will be provided.
- The university will pay for the thesis cost if applicable. (Funded by CSC)
- A travel grant for costs related to the study will be given. The travel can be in the UK or overseas.
- The costs for the mandatory TB test will be reimbursed.
- The visa fee will be reimbursed.
- If you are a single parent or widowed or divorced, the first child allowance of £529 per month will be given. Also, £131 per month will be provided if you have a second or third child. The children must be under the age of 16.
- If you are disabled, a special disability grant will be provided after a full examination and assessment.
Check IU Scholarships in Germany 2022-23
Eligibility Criteria of Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2023:
- The candidate must be a citizen of eligible Commonwealth countries or have been given refugee status by any of the given Commonwealth countries.
- The candidates who are on the list of British Protected Persons can apply.
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of a Commonwealth country.
- The candidate must hold an honors degree with first-class grades or at least an upper second-class grade, or a lower second-class grade.
- The candidate must have a relevant postgraduate qualification usually a master’s degree.
- The candidate must be able to study in Uk from September 2023.
- The candidate must not have studied or worked for one academic year in the UK or any other high-income country.
- The candidate must not be able to study in a UK university without a Commonwealth grant.
Eligible Countries for CSC Scholarship 2022:
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
How to Apply for Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2022?
- The candidates have to apply online for the Commonwealth Scholarship on CW Shared Portal.
- Make sure to apply separately for the university and for the scholarship.
- The candidates must find the relevant and desired courses from the list given.
- Choose a university from the given list.
- Each university has its own eligibility and requirement. Make sure to fulfill all the UK university requirements and follow the university deadline.
- If any university does not require English Proficient Certificate, then ask the university to nominate you for the scholarship without an English language Test via email.
- The UK universities have to nominate candidates for the scholarship.
- You can apply to more than one university and more than one discipline, but you have to choose only one university and discipline if you get the scholarship.
- The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship application deadline is 13 December 2022 at 16:00 GMT.