British Council Future Leaders Connect 2021 is an outstanding opportunity for policymakers from all over the world to learn long-term development skills. This is possible just because the cohort of future policymakers has numerous opportunities to work with British think tanks during this British Council training program in 2021. The policymakers from more than 13 countries work together to bring significant global change through policymaking and campaigns. These future leaders connect 2021 as a platform for emerging policymakers to tackle some of the grave issues of the contemporary world through their vision, skills, and teamwork.
This year due to the COVID-19 pandemic and keeping in view the safety of the participants, the British Council’s program for young policy leaders is happening online. However, the virtual international leadership program has all the elements of the previous year’s programs. These elements are taught components, networking and communication, and an action plan. The only difference this year is that it will be delivered digitally. Recently, the future leader’s program was delivered face to face, but this year meeting face to face is difficult. However, it has given us an opportunity to face real-world challenges. No doubt, these types of challenges can only inspire real future leaders.
This Future leader’s connection opens new arenas for future policymakers to influence the policymaking of their countries and beyond. This happens because the participants of the British Council’s future leaders connect network become the members of the Future Leaders Connect Alumni group. The alumni are asked to join further face-to-face or online opportunities in order to share their experience with the new cohort of policymaking leaders. The purpose of this network is to build a meaningful lasting and respectful relationship among the nations of the world. That’s why the international leaders connect program shows a strong commitment towards equality, diversity, and inclusion.
To be a global future leaders connect member, one must have prior knowledge and experience in policymaking, because becoming part of this family means that you are going to be in the recognized family of the future leaders. The program has its own policy designs which complete at the end of the program under the supervision of the expert. With their designed policy, they bring changes in their countries and around the world. Almost 72% of the Future Leaders alumni believe that their policies have directly influenced their government.
British Council Future Leaders Connect 2021:
- British Council
Mode of the Program:
British Council Conference Duration:
- Monday 11 October to Friday 19 November 2021.
Benefits of the British Council Future Leaders Connect 2021:
- Opportunity to work and learn under the supervision of British thing tanks.
- Opportunity to access international level of policymaking.
- Chance to work on your own policy idea with British Parliamentarian and Government Officials.
- Chance to work into the network of the most senior leaders.
Eligibility Criteria of the British Council Future Leaders Connect 2021:
- The programme is open to individuals of the participating countries who meet all the criteria listed below. The participating countries are;• Egypt
- Be aged between 25 and 35 years old when the 2021 program starts
- The applicant must be able to have English Language Proficiency equivalent to IELTS level 7. However, no certificate or documentary proof is necessarily required. The level of English can be assessed by application questions and the interview process.
- If the applicant has no knowledge about policymaking, the applicant is ineligible to apply.
- Not be currently employed in British Council or immediate family member of British Council employees.
How to apply for the British Council Future Leaders Connect 2021?
- In order to apply the applicants must have access to the Future Leaders Connect application form link.
- The applicants must provide the correct contact details.
- The questions about self-reflection and on global policy issues and leadership must be answered properly.
- The question about equality, diversity, and inclusion must be answered.
- Answer all the eligibility questions properly.
- There is no application fee.
- The application is being proceeded online.
- The application process starts if you meet the eligibility criteria and answer all the above-mentioned questions successfully.
- Successful applicants will be asked further application questions.
- The applicants have to answer the application questions on policy and leadership.
- The applicants must answer the academic and professional background-related questions.
- No question should be unanswered.
- Submit the application after checking it properly.
- The application may take approximately one hour. Once the process is started, you can not save it and come back to it afterward. So, the process must be done in one go.
- If you are shortlisted, you will be called for an interview. You should be present in an interview with your policy plan otherwise you will be disqualified.
British Council Future Leaders Conference Application Deadline:
- The last date to apply for the conference is 18 July 2021.