The University of Amsterdam is now accepting applications for the Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship 2020 in the Netherlands. The University of Amsterdam Scholarship is one of the most prestigious and best scholarship for the master’s students.
The Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) is a full scholarship of €25,000, covering tuition and living expenses for one academic year. Non-European students from all over the world can apply for the Amsterdam scholarship 2020.
The University of Amsterdam is the third-oldest university in the Netherlands. It is one of the largest research universities in Europe. The UvA scores highly in various world university rankings. It is ranked among the top 10 universities in Europe (US News) and the top 65 worldwide (QS and THE rankings).
Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship 2020 Details:
- University of Amsterdam
- Master’s Degree Programs (Master’s Scholarships)
Faculty or Graduate School:
- Child Development and Education
- Economics and Business
- Social Sciences
An international full scholarship of €25,000, covering
- Tuition Fees
- Living Expenses
The UvA has established two scholarship programs specifically designed to offer talented and motivated non-EU/EEA students the opportunity to pursue a degree at the UvA. These scholarship programs are the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship and the Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship.
In addition to the scholarships mentioned above, other forms of financial support for studying in the Netherlands are available to students. In some cases, students may also make use of the Dutch government’s system of student loans (studiefinanciering).
- Non-EU students from any discipline who graduated in the top 10% of their class may apply. Selection is on the basis of academic excellence, ambition and the relevance of the selected Master’s program to a student’s future career.
- For two-year Master’s programs, there is the possibility of an extension for a second year. Scholarship recipients become part of a select community, taking part, for example, in extracurricular activities developed especially for them.
How to apply for Netherlands Scholarships 2020?
Every programme at the University of Amsterdam has its own entry requirements, application procedure, and deadlines. Find out how to apply for a programme by following the step-by-step guide in the application and admission section of each programme.
Step by Step Process:
1. Choose a program
Use the links below to choose a programme and view the application information for that programme.
2. Check the entry requirements
Check the specific entry requirements and deadlines for the programme of your choice.
3. Submit enrolment application in Studielink
All students who would like to apply to a programme at the University of Amsterdam will need to start their application process in Studielink, which is the central application organisation for Dutch universities.
4. Complete your application
After registering in Studielink, you will receive emails with your UvA student number and instructions for the next step of the application process.
5. Pay the tuition fee (after admission)
After you have been admitted to a degree program, you will be asked to pay your tuition fees. In order to be enrolled in your program, you must meet the requirements for each step in the application process.
- AES scholarship should be submitted no later than 15 January 2020, 23:59 CET.