Call for applications for the Nanjing University Scholarship 2020 in China. Nanjing University is accepting applications from international students under the Chinese Government Scholarship to study in China. Nanjing University is one of the top 5 universities in China under the direct supervision of the Chinese Ministry of Education. The Chinese scholarships for international students are available for bachelors, masters and doctoral degree programs.
International students from all over the world can apply for the fully-funded international scholarship in China. Up to now, 28 Schools and Departments have been developed at Nanjing University. Currently, it hosts over 30,000 students, offering 86 undergraduate programs, 27 master programs and 23 professional master programs, 43 doctoral programs, and 1 professional doctor programs, and 38 postdoctoral research stations. It is the best chance for international students to study in China on scholarship.
Chinese Government Scholarship is a scholarship set up by the Chinese government to facilitate students and scholars from all over the world to conduct their study and research at Chinese universities. The scholarship aims to increase mutual understanding and friendship，to develop communication and cooperation between China and the rest of the world in the field of education, technology, culture, and economics. Chinese Government Scholarship is the most competitive scholarship and is one of the top scholarships in the world.
A master’s degree takes 2-3 years while a PhD degree takes 3 to 4 years. Nanjing University adopts a credit system, which requires students upon their graduation to acquire the total number of credits for the degree and successfully pass the oral defense of the Graduation Paper.
Nanjing University Scholarship 2020 Details:
- Nanjing University
- Undergraduate (American applicants only)
- A master’s degree scholarship takes 2-3 years
- A PhD degree scholarship takes 3 to 4 years
Fields of Study:
If you came from a country other than the United States, you could only apply for the following majors
If your nationality was American, you’d apply for the following majors:
- List of the NJU’s Undergraduate Programme 2020
- List of the Master Programmes 2020
- List of the Ph.D. Programmes 2020
The Chinese Government Scholarship 2020 will cover the following:
- NO Application Fee
- Tuition: Tuition will be waived.
- Health Insurance
- Monthly Allowance
- Undergraduates: RMB 2,500/month
- Master’s Degree Students: RMB 3,000/month
- PhD Degree Students: RMB 3,500/month
1) Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be healthy both physically and mentally.
2) Academic Background and age limit:
- Applicants for a master’s degree must have acquired their bachelor’s degrees, and should not be older than 35.
- Applicants for a PhD degree must have acquired their master’s degrees, and should not be older than 40.
- Applicants for a bachelor’s degree must have acquired their high school diplomas, and should not be older than 25.
- For graduates to obtain their degrees in 2020, they should submit a pre-graduation certificate to guarantee that they have the competence to complete their studies and acquire the degree by July of 2020.
3) Language requirements:
Requirements for the Chinese-Taught Programs
- Admission requirement: Science: new HSK level 4; Liberal Arts: new HSK level5.
- Graduation requirement: Science: new HSK level 5; Liberal Arts: new HSK level6.
Requirements for the English-Taught Programs
- Admission requirement: IELTS 6.5/TOEFL 90
- Graduation requirement: new HSK level 3.
Post a hard copy of the following documents to the scholarship coordinator (address below) of Nanjing University before the deadline. The submitted documents will not be returned.
- Printed CSC Scholarship Application Form;
- Printed Application Form for Foreign Students to NJU with a signature;
- Two original copies of the academic transcript
- Two copies of the certificate of your highest diploma
- Two recommendation letters from the professors of the school you last attended
- Copy of the new HSK test certificate (for the Chinese-taught programs) or IELTS/TOEFL test result (for the English-taught programs
- A detailed proposal for study and research in China;
- List of papers published in professional or scientific journals & copies of representative papers or abstracts of articles (no more than 3 copies)
- Copy of the physical examination report
- Copy of the first page of your passport
- Applicants for the PhD programs also need to supply the abstract of their master’s program’s graduation dissertation.
The above documents must be written in Chinese or English. Any document written in any other language must be attached to a notarized English or Chinese translation.
The documents should be arranged in order, and please do not attach them with glue or staples.
We suggest you use DHL, FedEx or UPS to post your application materials from abroad, and SF EXPRESS ( 顺丰速运) if you are sending them to China. If you chose any other express companies, including EMS, there would be a very high possibility that your documents couldn’t be received.
How to get a scholarship in China 2020?
Applicants should make two online applications: one on the CSC website and the other at NJU’s China International Student Service System, and then post a hard copy of their application materials to the Institute for International Students, NJU. The specific procedure is as follows.
1. Register and apply at the CSC website (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/). After filling in the online application form (for Agency No., please fill in “10284”; for Programme Type, please choose “B”), please click the “submit ” button and print out the application form.
2. Register and apply at NJU’s China International Student Service System (http://istudy.nju.edu.cn/ ). After filling in the online application form (for the program type, please choose “CSC Scholarship”), please click the “submit ” button, print out the application form, and sign on it.
- Applications are accepted from January 1st, 2020 to March 15th, 2020 for Nanjing University Scholarship 2020 in China, and the hard copies of the application documents should also be posted before Mar. 15. Notification of accepted applicants will be posted on the official website of the Institute for International Students, Nanjing University in June 2020. Admission Notice and the JW201 form will be mailed in July.
- The school year starts at the beginning of September 2020. You will find the specific date of registration on the admission notice.