Call for applications for the AKS Non-Degree Program 2020 in South Korea. The duration of the AKS Graduate Fellowship is 6 months starting from 1st Sep 2020 to 28th Feb 2021. Both foreign national or a Korean national who has completed education outside of Korea can apply for this AKS fellowship.
The AKS Graduate Fellowship is GSKS’ non-degree program is a fully-funded opportunity which will cover all the expenses of the selected students.
The Graduate School of Korean Studies (GSKS), the Academy of Korean Studies(AKS), which is responsible for the Ministry of Education, is a research-oriented graduate school in the fields of humanities and social sciences pertinent to Korea.
GSKS was established in 1980 with the aim of nurturing scholars who will contribute to the development and globalization of Korean studies.
2020 AKS Graduate Fellowship in South Korea:
- South Korea
- The Graduate School of Korean Studies (GSKS), the Academy of Korean Studies(AKS),
- 6 Months Fully-Funded Fellowship
- From 1st Sep 2020 to 28th Feb 2021 (6 months in total)
- Monthly stipend of 750,000KRW
- A round trip airfare
- On-campus guesthouse(free of charge)
- AKS’ professor’s guidance as an academic advisors
- Korean language courses, as well as cultural experience programs, are available free of charge.
Check Stanford University Scholarship in the United States – Fully Funded
- An applicant should be either a foreign national or a Korean national who has completed education outside of Korea which is compatible with Korea‘s elementary, middle, high school, and college education.
Applicants must meet one of the following conditions: Applicants are
- Enrolled in a Master’s or a doctoral degree program at an overseas university.
- Applicants completed coursework and are in the status of ABD (All But Dissertation) in a Master’s degree program at an overseas university.
- ABD students in a doctoral degree program at an overseas university are NOT eligible for AKS Graduate Fellowship, but eligible for AKS Fellowship run by the AKS’ Center for International Affairs. Recruitment announcement for 2021 AKS Fellowship will be published in Sep 2020 at intl.aks.ac.kr/english.
- An applicant’s research topic should pertain to Korea/Korean studies.
- Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Research Plan
- Certificate of Graduation and Official Transcripts for a bachelor’s degree
- Certificate of Enrollment (or Coursework Completion, or Graduation) and Official Transcripts for a Master’s degree
- Certificate of Enrollment and Official Transcripts for a doctoral degree
- Language Proficiency Certificate(s) (i.g. TOPIK, TOEFL, IELTS)
- A Copy of Passport
- An ID Photo
Check UN Paid Volunteer Opportunity 2020 – Fully Funded
How to Apply for the Academy of Korean Studies(AKS) Fellowship 2020?
Applicant’s information should be saved and required files uploaded at gradaks.recruiter.co.kr.
Applicants should designate one of the AKS’ professors whose specialty is most relevant to their research topic as their academic advisor. Otherwise, GSKS will designate an appropriate professor as an academic advisor.
For more information visit A Step by Step Guide to AKS Online Application.
- Online Application 10:00 Mon 20 April ~ 17:00 Fri 15 May
- Documents Submission (By post or in person) 10:00 Mon 20 April ~ 17:00 Fri 22 May
- Announcement of Selection Result 17:00 Fri 3 July