Interested in volunteering for Corona pandemic response? Join now UN Volunteers for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Response. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). It’s an amazing opportunity to join the UNV mission and work for your community.
The Novel Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic is placing significant strains on health systems, essential public services, and communities globally. UN entities are working closely with national governments, community groups, the health sector, and industry to respond to this crisis with a multi-sectoral, equitable and human-rights focused approach.
UNV invites skilled professionals to support the UN system’s response as national UN Volunteers. Join efforts to mitigate the economic, social and health impacts of this crisis, and to safeguard the progress made towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. International UN Volunteers may telecommute or be deployed once travel restrictions are lifted.
UNV is based in Bonn, Germany, with around 150 staff members at headquarters, and over 8,200 volunteers deployed in the field. UNV also has an office in New York, five Regional Offices in Amman, Bangkok, Dakar, Nairobi, and Panama City and around 60 Field Units that represent the organization at the country level.
UN Volunteers for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Details:
Duration of the UN Volunteers Program:
- from 3-12 months (with the possibility of extension)
UNV Starting Date:
- Many will require candidates to be available at short notice (1-2 weeks)
Financial Support for UN Volunteers:
- A monthly living allowance to cover housing, basic needs, and utilities; settling-in-grant; life, health, and permanent disability insurance; return airfares (if applicable).
You can also become a UN Volunteer by applying UNV Online Volunteering Opportunities – Apply Now
United Nations COVID-19 Volunteering Areas:
1) Health professionals
- Respiratory Physicians
- ICU/Anesthetic Nurses
- Infection Control Nurses
- Psychologists (with experience in trauma/stress counselling)
- Biomedical/Medical Laboratory Technicians
- Public Health Specialists (other)
- Health Statisticians
- Health Surveillance Specialists
2) Non-health professionals
Emergency & Crisis management
- Health Emergency Managers
- Child Protection Specialists
- Monitoring & evaluation Specialists (related to health and/or emergencies), and Reporting
- Gender-based Violence Project/Programme Specialists
- Health Procurement Specialists
- Health Supply Chain Specialists (pharmacist, equipment, cold chain)
Sanitation & Hygiene
- WASH (with a focus on hygiene) Specialists
- Medical Waste Management Specialists
Communications & Data management
- Communications for Development Specialists
- Information Management Specialist (with experience in health emergencies)
- Data Collection & Management Specialists (related to health)
Statistics & others
- Socio-economic & Health Assessment Specialists
- Economic Development Specialists
- Livelihoods Specialists
Check World Health Organisation Free Online Course with Free Certificates – Stay Home and Enroll Now.
Eligibility Criteria for United Nations Volunteers for COVID-19:
Candidates need to
- have at least two years of professional experience,
- be at least 22 years old for national UN Volunteer assignments, and at least 25 years old for international UN Volunteer assignments.
Additional requirements will be described in the Descriptions of Assignment (equivalent to terms of reference). Make sure to check them.
Your profile should highlight any prior experience in health-related emergencies.
How to Become United Nations Volunteers for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
If you have qualifications and experience in any of the above-mentioned areas, we encourage you to register (or update your profile) on UNV’s web application system and enter COVID-19 as a keyword in your ‘Motivation Statement’:
- Only complete profiles can be considered. Please make sure that you click on ‘Submit UNV Profile’ once you have created your UNV account and completed all mandatory information. As confirmation of your successful registration, you will receive an email with your UNV roster number.
- Including the COVID-19 keyword in your motivation statement will ensure your profile is reviewed with priority for related assignments.
Note: For more Amazing & Fully-Funded national and international opportunities, visit our website scholarshipscorner.website and Follow us on Facebook Page, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Youtube Channel, and Telegram.