The MEXT Research Scholarship 2023 is one of the best research scholarships for Pakistani Students. This fully-funded international scholarship opportunity is offered by the Government of Japan to Pakistani students. The amazing part of this scholarship is that IELTS/TOEFL is not required to apply for the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program 2023.
Japan is a leading country, growing in technology and knowledge. The advanced education system allows the students to transform their ideas into creative products. Candidates can apply in a number of fields to get hands-on research experience except the fields related to the specific factories or technologies, medicine, or clinical training.
MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship – Embassy Recommendation will help the scholars to build cross-cultural understanding, create goodwill between Japan and Pakistan, to work on research areas that would help the scholars to contribute towards Pakistani communities and societies.
Candidates can apply for Mater’s or Ph.D. degree program. MEXT Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship that covers airfare, tuition fee, and stipend. A candidate has to submit his or her application to the Embassy of Japan in Pakistan and after selection, he or she can apply to the host university across Japan. Students from other countries apply through MEXT Scholarship for International Students 2023.
MEXT Research Scholarship For Pakistani Students:
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology.
- All applicants can choose their host university across Japan.
- Master’s Programs
- Doctoral Programs (Ph.D.)
Japan Research Scholarship Duration:
- MEXT Master’s Degree Program: 2 to 3 Years
- MEXT Doctoral Program: 3 to 4 Years
Benefits of MEXT Japan Scholarship 2023:
- A tuition fee will be provided.
- Airfare allowance will be provided.
- An exam fee will also be provided.
- For Master’s students, a monthly stipend of up to 144,000 yen will be provided.
- For doctoral students, a monthly stipend of up to 145,000 yen will be provided.
- For non-regular students or preparatory education, a monthly stipend of up to 143,000 yen will be provided.
- Transportation allowance in Japan will be covered
Eligibility Criteria of MEXT Research Scholarship 2023:
- Pakistani students are eligible to apply.
- A candidate should be good in health.
- Applicants who have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree can apply.
- Applicants who are pursing bachelor’s or master’s degree in Pakistan can also apply.
How to Apply for MEXT Research Scholarship in Japan?
- A candidate can download the application form from the official website and submit it to the Embassy of Japan in Pakistan.
- All application materials should be printed on A4 size paper and unstapled.
- Applicants who wish to appear for a test & interview in Islamabad (if shortlisted), should send an application at the following address.
2. Applicants (from Karachi, Baluchistan and Quetta) who will appear for the test & interview in Karachi (if shortlisted), should send an application at the following address
Download the MEXT Scholarship Application Guidelines for more information.
Download MEXT Scholarship Past Papers samples for preparation of the test.
- MEXT Scholarship Mark Sheet Form
- MEXT Scholarship Application Form 2023 (1 Original)
- MEXT Scholarship Research Plan (1 Original) – Download Here
- Recommendation Letter (1 original)
- Health Certificate
- Abstract of the thesis (1 original)
- Academic transcripts
- Degree Certificate
- Submitted documents will not be returned.
- The application should be unstapled (assemble only with a paper clip) and printed on A4 size paper.
- Certificates & documents, other than those mentioned above, will not be considered.
MEXT Research Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for the scholarship in Japan is 31st May 2022.
For more info, visit: