The amazing and prestigious METI Japan Internship Program 2019 by the Government of Japan is now open for applications. Students from all over the world can apply for METI Internship in Japan. The Duration of the METI free internship abroad will be 2.5 to 3 months. The Government of Japan Japan internship program is one of the most competitive and best internship programs in the world.
Your chance to find a new career in Japan! This program aims for people from developing countries to get a great opportunity to learn overseas business strategies in Japanese businesses and to acquire the skills and expertise from Japanese companies. You would be trained as a global leader capable of working in Japan, in your home country and all over the world in the future.
Host companies that participate in this program are small to medium-sized enterprises throughout Japan, and their industrial types and the company locations are wide-ranging. We are going to start the sign-up process for host companies as an intern screening process goes by, so if you are selected as an intern, we will introduce you to host companies that suit your skills and abilities
METI Japan Internship Program 2019 Details:
- Private-sector companies, industry associations, and non-profit corporations in Japan. Host companies are determined after matching by the Program Office and subsequent approval by the Screening Committee.
- The Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry of Japan (METI)
- 2.5 to 3 Months
- A: Entering Japan on Sun, September 1 & departing on Tue, November 12
- B: Entering Japan on Mon, September 9 & departing on Tue, November 19
- C: Entering Japan on Tue, September 17 & departing on Tue, November 26
- D: Entering Japan on Mon, September 30 & departing on Tue, December 10
- E: Entering Japan on Mon, October 7 & departing on Tue, December 17
Internship Fields of 2019 METI Internship:
METI Japan internship program is for national & international students from all over the world. Internships are offered in a wide variety of fields.
- Law, Policy
- Economics, Management/Administration, Business
- Sociology, Environmental Information Sciences
- Japanese Language, Culture
- Foreign Language, International Culture (Excluding Japanese)
- Domestic Science, Home Economics
- Religion, Divinity
- Arts, Music
- Other Liberal Arts
- Mechanical Engineerings
- Electric/Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Physics, Applied Physics
- Architecture, Civil Engineering
- Biology, Life Sciences
- Chemistry, Material Engineerings
- Natural Resources, Global Environment
- Animal/Dairy Husbandry
- Mercantile Marine
- Medical Science, Dentistry
- Hygiene, Nursing Care
- Other Sciences/Engineerings
No. of Interns:
- 200 Interns
METI Internship in Japan is fully funded. All the cost of the selected students will be covered by METI.
- Allowance: 4,000 yen per day for living expenses. This amount will be paid for the entire duration of the internship
- Round-trip economy class air ticket, travel insurance.
- Internship insurance
- Transportation and accommodation expenses associated with the training program in Japan.
Main responsibilities of interns are:
- Formulating an internship plan (roles/goals, etc. of an intern) discussing with the Internship manager
- Participating in pre-training, follow-up training, and wrap-up presentation.
- Engaging in a full-time internship during the designated period.
- Taking responsibility for their own safety and health as thoroughly as possible. Securing emergency-related information network in Japan. Keeping in touch with the Program Office and the host company regularly as reporting or consulting with them in case of injury or mental disease etc.
- Being obliged to handle some tasks requested from the program office (document, notification, and report) not only during the internship period but also before and after the internship.
- Appropriate behavior represented as a recipient of public funds from the Japanese government.
Eligibility Criteria of METI Japan Internship Program:
- Students from Japan and foreign countries can apply for a fully paid internship in Japan. Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region. Highly-skilled foreign professionals who are currently living other than Japan and will visit Japan only for this program (OECD/DAC-listed countries except for China)
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- Applicants must be also able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate and a letter of recommendation from an affiliated university or institution etc.
- Able to undertake both the internship and preliminary training full-time at the host company.
- Other requirements meeting any individual conditions stipulated by the host company.
- Applicant must not have participated in this Program in 2016,2017.
How to Apply for the METI Japan Internship Program 2019?
Registration is accepted online via the registration form on the Program Office website. Click on the Apply Now button below to proceed to Japan internship online application.
- The screening process of the fully funded international internship will be conducted based on the application content: aptitude and experience/ability as an intern, understanding of the program purpose, and any conditions or requests for the host company.
- Selection will be conducted through document screening, primary interview (local language/English/Japanese), and secondary interview (Japanese/English).
- Various certification documents regarding University qualifications or language skills, etc.), letters of recommendation, photographs, required documents for the visa, etc. are required to submit individually.
Notification of Results:
- As a result of approval by the Screening Committee, a letter of notification of acceptance will be sent both to the intern and the host company. Based on this notification, the host company will start preparing to accept the intern, and interns will start preparing for travel to Japan and participating in the internship.
Important Points to Confirm
With regard to application signup, please confirm and agree with the following important points before signing your application.
- 1. Even after applying for registration, matching with a company will not necessarily be guaranteed.
- 2. Absolutely no inquiries will be answered in regard to the selection status or reasons for the decision.
- 3. Even after approval by the Screening Committee and matching has been established, acceptance may be suspended due to unavoidable circumstances (visa, natural disasters, etc.).
- 4. After approval by the Screening Committee and matching is established after mutual agreement, the cancellation cannot be made at the convenience of the company or intern.
- 5. After starting the internship, temporary return or interruption of activities on company’s /intern’s own circumstances cannot be accepted.
- 6. The internship may not be able to fully conducted in the desired acceptance period due to uncertainty factors related to visa.
- 7. Since the internship is supported by a public fund, the program’s results achieved through the hosting of interns will be made public via official websites and similar media. For the FY2019 fiscal year, an overview of each intern’s name, country of origin, and details of internship at the host company will be disclosed, as well as information from interviews.
- Applicants can apply for fully funded Japan Internship 2019 till middle of June, 2019.