The University of Leeds is now accepting applications for the Leeds International Summer School 2020 in Uk. The summer school in the United Kingdom will run from 4 July to 1 August 2020. If you are unable to attend the full summer school you have the opportunity to join the wider group for two weeks of the program.
Experience the vibrant, student-friendly city of Leeds and explore the rich history, culture and natural beauty of the area. The summer school combines world-class tuition with academic field trips. Leeds Summer School also includes social activities and cultural excursions and one of the best summer programs in Europe.
Leeds International Summer School 2020:
- United Kingdom
- University of Leeds
Summer School Duration:
- 2-Weeks or 4-Weeks
Summer School Dates:
- 4 July to 1 August 2020
- Block one will run 4 – 18 July 2020 or block two will run 19 July – 1 August 2020.
- If you have a GPA of 3.2 or above (or equivalent) then you are eligible to apply for one of 20 scholarships worth £500 to help pay for your fees. You can apply by completing the scholarship section of the summer school application form.
2020 Summer School Fee:
- Full 4-week programme: £3,240
- 2-week programme (either block one or block two): £1,820
The University of Leeds Summer School UK is an all-inclusive programme. Included in the programme fee:
- breakfast and lunch, Monday – Friday
- module field trips
- weekend excursions
- social programme
- sports center membership
To be eligible to apply for an international summer school you should:
- have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 or equivalent
- be enrolled at a university, or be a recent graduate
- meet our English language requirements. We accept the following qualifications and these are the minimum requirements for non-native English speakers of non-EU/EEA nationality:
- IELTS 5.5 (5.5 overall with no component lower than 5.0)
- TOEFL (iBT) 80 (80 overall, listening and reading: 18, speaking and writing: 19)
- TOEIC (all four components are required) listening: 400, reading: 385, speaking: 160, writing: 150
- Password Skills 5.5 (5.5 overall with no component lower than 5.0)
Other equivalent language test scores may also be considered, and students with extensive English language experience may be exempt
How to apply for the UK Summer School?
Apply as soon as possible as enrolment is limited and allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Applying early also means you are more likely to secure a place on your first choice of modules as popular subjects are likely to fill up quickly.
Step 1: Register
You must register online to complete the LISS application form. We will use the email address that you register with to inform you of the outcome of your application.
Step 2: Complete the LISS application form
There are instructions on each page of the application form. If you are unsure about what to enter, please save your application up to that point and email us with your query.