KSJ (Knight Science Journalism) Fellowship Program is a funded program offered in the USA every year. This is an excellent opportunity for students who are looking to study a fusion of disciplines like science, technology, and Journalism. Participants will get a chance to study and gain experience from high-ranked universities from around the globe. Knight Science Journalism fellowship will be given to 10 students residing in different countries of the world. This program will be research-based and will continue for a span of 9.5 in the USA.
International students will work on a research project related to the field of Journalism in particular. So, this is an exceptional platform for those who want to excel in the discipline of Journalism. Participants of the KSJ Fellowship Program will use their skills to conduct research and collect data from various sources which will make their data collection more solid. They will have multiple options to make presentations, videos, recordings, and present theoretical frameworks regarding their research projects. These multiple approaches will help international students to learn new dimensions of science while exploring the existing ones.
The KSJ Fellowship Program will be conducted under the supervision of Research experts who will guide the students from time to time. After completion of this Fellowship Program, participants are expected to give an oral presentation related to their research projects. Selected research projects will also be published as research articles or in journals later on which will add another feather to your cap. The program will have social gatherings so that students get to spend time with people from diverse backgrounds.
This Paid fellowship does not only include formal academic research but will also arrange trips to various locations which will fascinate the participants. The purpose of this program is to make the students learn new technical skills through workshops. They will have hands-on experience in different media-related skills like videography, editing of photos, reporting of data in a systematic way, and conducting digital interviews. The schedule also includes seminars and sessions from renowned media experts who will share their knowledge with participants so that they can enhance their research experience.
KSJ Fellowship Program 2024 in the USA:
- Knight Science Journalism Cambridge
- Mid-August to May 2025
Benefits of the KSJ US Fellowship Program:
- $85000 stipend in total in 9.5 months
- Relocation allowance
- Health insurance facility for participants and their family members
Eligibility Criteria for KSJ Fellowship Program 2024:
- Only full-time Journalists can apply
- Minimum three years of experience in the fields of journalism, science, or health
- Media writers, journalists, film producers, and media correspondents can apply
- No previous fellowship program of four months should be attended by participants in the last two years
How to apply for the KSJ Fellowship Program 2024:
- Sign up by creating a free account on Submittable
- Fill out the online application form
- Attach all the relevant documents
- Half-finished applications will not be accepted
Documents Required for the 2024 KSJ Program:
- Write the reason of participation in this program of not more than 500 words
- CV which includes educational background, work details, honors and awards along with dates
- An overview of the research project you intend to do in this program
- Five samples of the work done by you previously
- Three letters of recommendations which will include complete details of recommenders
Requirements for the 2024 KSJ Program:
After enrolling participants should:
- Get a passport from the U.S. State Department
- Stay in Boston for 9.5 months for this program
- Be a part of all social and academic activities
- Select a minimum of one science course in each semester
- Not get any paid research work done from anyone
- Complete selected research project within the program time period
KSJ Fellowship Program Deadline:
- The last date to apply for the Knight Science Journalism Fellowship program is January 15, 2024.