ICYF Young Volunteers Camp 2024 is an opportunity for young and emerging leaders to learn advanced methods of countering the rising social and humanitarian crises. he ICYF, in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Turkey, is hosting the ICYF International Young Volunteers Camp titled “Young Volunteers in Post-Disaster Psychosocial Support” from April 23 to May 5, 2024, in Antalya, Turkey. In this funded volunteer camp in Turkey, the participants acutely learn to act actively in times of natural disasters and humanitarian crises.
ICYF Youth Camp 2024 is organized by the Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum with the collaboration of the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Türkiye. The distinctive feature of this funded Volunteering Opportunity in Antalya is that there are separate days of volunteering activities for males and females. Each group can find its strengths and weaknesses in responding to these natural disasters and humanitarian crises. Moreover, the processes that are being followed in this internationally funded volunteer camp for young leaders are of a theoretical as well as practical nature and include simulative sessions and workshops.
The ICYF volunteering camps serve as empowering platforms for youth, offering skill development opportunities and fostering a sense of agency. Studies show that young volunteers play a significant role in providing psychosocial support post-natural disasters and humanitarian crises, offering morale and psychological assistance while strengthening community solidarity. Their energetic, innovative, and empathetic approaches significantly contribute to the emotional well-being of disaster victims and the overall post-disaster recovery process.
The 2024 ICYF International Young Volunteers Camp exemplifies Islamic compassion and social responsibility by uniting volunteers from the OIC region to ensure skill development and foster a collective understanding of volunteerism’s principles. Recognizing volunteers’ contributions across diverse sectors, including humanitarian aid and community building, the ICYF demonstrates a commitment to serving humanity in times of need. Through these efforts, the ICYF embodies a vision of youth empowerment and global solidarity in addressing humanitarian challenges.
ICYF Young Volunteers Camp 2024 in Turkey:
- Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF) i
ICYF Summer Camp Location:
- Alaaddin Keykubat Youth Camp, Kepez, Antalya, Türkiye
ICYF Event Dates:
- 23 – 28 April 2024 for Young Men
- 30 April – 5 May 2024 for Young Women
ICYF Young Volunteer Camp Benefits:
- The local transportation cost will be covered by the organization.
- Food and accommodation will be covered by the organization.
- International transportation expenses of up to 125$ will be covered
- The participants will be given a city tour at the expense of the host organization.
- The organization will send invitation letters to the participants to help them in their visa process
Eligibility Criteria of the ICYF Young Volunteers Camp 2024:
- The participants can be from OIC member states. They can also be from the OIC observatory state or representatives of a Muslim community in a non-OIC member state.
- The participants must be able to communicate in English.
- Only individuals between 18–35 years of age are eligible.
- The participants must have a distinct experience in humanitarian and volunteer work.
- The participants must be able to provide proof of the volunteer work.
- The participants must be able to attend the full camp training program.
How to apply for the ICYF Young Volunteers Camp 2024?
- The candidates have to apply online.
- The candidates have to get themselves registered first to open the next page of the application form.
- The candidates have to upload all the required evidence in the application form.
- Make sure to answer all the questions with a * mark.
- Answer the entire question within the given word limit.
- If the selection committee finalizes a candidate he or she will be called for the interview, so provide your exact contact details.
ICYF Camp Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for the ICYF international volunteer camp 2024 in Turkey is 24 March 2024.