Groom yourself as a great leader by improving your skills and capabilities. Community Engagement Exchange Program in the USA is for the candidates who want to transform organizations, create efficiencies, enhance productivity, and engage the community in different activities.
All candidates would be trained for managing different tasks, creating business opportunities, and working on how to tackle societal issues. All candidates will be getting transformational leadership experience. It is a fully-funded fellowship in which candidates from more than 100 countries will be participating.
Candidates will be working on many tasks including peacebuilding, sustainable development, participatory government, women and gender, and youth engagement. All fellows will get the support of peers and designated supervisors while experiencing hands-on professional fellowship.
Interactive curricular activities would be conducted including face-to-face training, professional coaching, service learning, and mentorship. Aim of this international leadership program to strengthen the community.
Community Engagement Exchange Program in the USA:
- United States of America
- The International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX)
- A year-long cultural exchange program
Africa: Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
East Asia and the Pacific: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam
Europe and Eurasia: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, and Ukraine
The Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, and West Bank/Palestinian Territories
South and Central Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan
Western Hemisphere: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, and Uruguay
Benefits of Community Engagement Exchange Program in the USA:
- A candidate would get support for a J-1 visa.
- Round trip airfare will be provided to the fellows.
- A participant will be receiving an allowance for meals, housing, and living expenses.
- A participant will receive accident and sickness insurance.
Eligibility Criteria of Community Engagement Exchange Program:
The eligibility criteria of the fully-funded international exchange program are given below:
- Candidates from the above-mentioned countries may apply.
- A candidate must be from 20 to 27 years of age.
- A candidate must be living in his home country.
- A candidate must be proficient in English and also required to submit IELTS or TOEFL once he or she gets selected.
- A candidate must be willing to travel for 3 months.
- A candidate should be committed to coming back to his home country after the program completion.
- Either candidate or his immediate family member should not be an employee or consultant at IREX.
How to Apply for the IREX Exchange Program, USA?
- A candidate must check the eligibility criteria prior to applying.
- All candidates can find the application form on the official website.
- Once the application begins, an applicant must fill out all the information marked as a red asterisk.
- If any question does not apply to you, he/she may write N/A.
- Kindly fill out the form in English.
- If any applicant fills out the form twice with two different email addresses, he would be disqualified.
- A candidate should apply no later than 23rd December 2020.