Call for applications for Scottish Government Scholarship 2019 for International Students. The Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships are offered for master’s studies in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy. The Scottish Scholarship is for one year degree program.
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships (SSS) is a programme of scholarships offered by the Scottish Government in collaboration with Scottish universities. Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships are an incredible opportunity to study in a country with world-leading universities and a long tradition of academic excellence. Our chosen scholars are people who aspire to become influential leaders in their future careers. They have wide ranging interests outside their studies and a desire to broaden their personal and academic experience in Scotland
Saltire Scholars will also have the opportunity to take part in a programme of activities over and above their studies, including dialogue with the academic and business community in Scotland. Scottish Government Scholarship are available to citizens of the following countries: Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan and USA.
Scottish Government Scholarship Details:
- Scottish Government
- Masters programme
- Scholarships are available for one year of a postgraduate Masters course at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
Popular International Scholarships 2019-2020:
- Turkish Government Scholarship 2019
- Korean Government Scholarship Program 2019
- Chinese Government Scholarship 2019
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2019 in UK
Fields of Study: (Eligible Courses)
- The course must be a postgraduate Masters level course in one of the following subject areas:
- Creative industries
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Renewable and clean energy
- This includes a wide range of subjects across all of Scotland’s universities and higher education institutions.
- Courses must be full-time and delivered in Scotland. Online, distance learning or courses delivered at a Scottish university campus overseas are not eligible for the scholarship.
- The scheme offers up to 50 awards, each worth £8000, towards the cost of tuition fees for one year of a postgraduate Masters course at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
Note: Any additional costs and expenses are the responsibility of the student.
Interested in applying for a Saltire Scholarship in Scotland? Here’s the information you need on eligibility!
In order to be eligible for a Saltire Scholarship, candidates must:
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Complete an application form and submit it by the closing date of 26 May 2019.
Skills and Experience:
Applicants must demonstrate:
- An interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university.
- The aspiration to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career.
- A willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the programme of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
Saltire Scholars will be required to:
- Maintain a standard of conduct that will uphold the good reputation of the Saltire Scholarship Programme and the institution at which they study.
- Actively participate in the programme’s extra-curricular events. Scholars will participate in a welcome reception and an end of year conference. (Scholars may be excused from attending in the event of exceptional circumstances).
- Support communications activity promoting Scotland and Scottish higher education, based on their own experience. This might include:
- Posting on social media about their time and experience in Scotland.
- Being available for an interview (including on camera) during either the welcome or end-of-year event, granting Scottish Government and the relevant university the right to use the text and footage indefinitely.
- Agreeing that the Scottish Government can use any photographs, blogs, quotes etc in connection with your Saltire Scholarship participation for marketing purposes.
- In accordance with relevant data protection legislation, give consent to the use of their contact data in order to receive information on the Saltire programme both during their studies and after graduation.
How to Apply for Scottish Government Scholarship 2019 by Scottish Government?
Click on the Apply Now button to proceed to scotland scholarship online application form. You should fill all the blanks carefully and make sure that you click on the submit button after completing online form.