The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) is sponsored by the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’, Professional Fellows Division. The program brings emerging leaders to the United States for intensive fellowships designed to broaden their professional expertise.
Fellows on program will live with volunteer host families identified by American Councils.
Application for the PFP Governance and Society Cohort is open to citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Turkey, and Ukraine. Application for the PFP Innovation and Entrepreneurship Cohort is open to citizens of Belarus and Russia.
- United States of America (USA)
- US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- Fully-funded program with comprehensive on program support. Travel and living arrangements will be covered as well as emergency health insurance, and visa fees on program/
- Work in a full-time fellowship placement in a US worksite dealing with issues relating to his or her work at home. While there fellows will gain first-hand knowledge about US organizations and institutions and build networks and relationships with US counterparts.
- Participate in a fully-funded program with comprehensive on program support. Travel and living arrangements will be covered as well as emergency health insurance, and visa fees on program.
- Become part of prestigious networks -including YSEALI (for Southeast Asian participants only) and PFP. Alumni will gain access to tremendous resources and an international network of like-minded professionals spanning the globe.
- 25-35 years old;
- A citizen and current resident of either: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Georgia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Moldova, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, and Vietnam.
- Speak fluent English to work full-time in a US worksite;
- Interested in participating in a reciprocal program for Americans coming to your country.
- Have at least two years relevant work experience and be currently employed;
- Have demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
- Be a professional fit for the PFP theme that your country participates in
- Legislative – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Turkey, Ukraine
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship – Belarus, Russia
- Economic Empowerment – Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
How to Apply?
Fill the online application form and submit as soon as possible.
- The deadline for Professional Fellows Program is November 5, 2018.