Graduate Scholarships at the Universiti Brunei Darussalam 2021-22 welcomes you to pursue your graduate studies and conduct research independently under the guidance of academic experts. Moreover, Universiti Brunei Darussalam would assist you to achieve your academic goals.
Optional and core modules are part of the graduate programs that help scholars to increase their knowledge. All courses are being taught by knowledgeable staff in diverse fields of study. Universiti Brunei Darussalam Graduate Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship in Brunei.
All non-Bruneian and Bruneian candidates may apply for the University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2021-22. All scholars will explore innovative laboratories, will be working, and contributing to the international researches of the professors. Furthermore, scholars will extend their relations by interacting with the international class fellows.
Universiti Brunei Darussalam is the first university in Brunei. It was found in 1985 and on the top public universities in Brunei. It has 9 academic faculties and 7 research institutes. The University of Brunei has become the largest university It has ranked #75 in Asian Universities Ranking by the Top Universities.
University of Brunei Graduate Scholarships 2021-22 :
- The Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- PhD (Research-based)
- The duration of the University of Brunei Scholarship is 3 years.
No. of UBD Scholarships:
- 20 fully-funded international scholarships
Courses offered by Universiti Brunei Darussalam:
The University of Brunei Darussalam Doctor of Philosophy Scholarships are available in the following fields of study.
Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences:
- Applied Linguistics
- English Literature
- Environmental Studies
- Malay Language & Linguistics
- Malay Literature
- Professional Communication & the Media
UBD School of Business & Economics
Faculty of Science:
- Computer Science
- Applied Physics
Pengiran Anak Puteri Rashidah Sa’adatul Bolkiah Institute of Health Sciences
- Public Health
- Biomedical Sciences
- Clinical Sciences
Academy of Brunei Studies
- Brunei Studies
Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah Institute of Education
Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Centre for Islamic Studies
- Islamic Civilisation and Contemporary Issues
Institute of Asian Studies
- Asian Studies
Faculty of Integrated Technologies
- Systems Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
Centre for Advanced Materials and Energy Studies
- Material Science
- Energy Studies
Institute of Policy Studies
- Islamic Governance
- Public Policy
For more information about the UBD Graduate Degree Programs, Click Here.
Financial Aid for Universiti Brunei Darussalam Graduate Scholarship:
The UBG gradaute scholarships is a fully-funded scholarship program. It covers all the expeses of the selected candidates.
- Registration and acceptance fee will be provided.
- Full tuition fee waiver.
- A monthly subsistence allowance of up to BND 500.00 for 36 months.
- On-campus accommodation for 36 months will be provided
- Research allowance will be provided to the candidates who are in enrolled in Arts, Humanities, and Sciences fields. (BND 1000 to BND 2000).
- A roundtrip airfare will be provided.
Eligibility Criteria of UBD Graduate Scholarships 2020-21:
- A candidate must have 1st class Bachelor’s degree along with the distinction of a Master’s degree or equivalent degree.
- A candidate must have 2nd class Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s degree along with a good publication or equivalent qualification.
- A candidate must provide a high-quality research proposal.
- A candidate must be able to pursue studies in his area of choice.
How to Apply for the fully-funded Graduate Scholarships at UBD 2021?
- Applicants are directed to fill out the marked fields of the application, otherwise, your application will not be saved.
- Kindly enter the correct email address.
- After application submission, a code will be sent to the applicant’s email.
An application would require the following electronic documents:
- Certified and scanned copy of the international passport or Brunei identification card.
- Certified and scanned copies of academic certificates and university transcripts.
- English proficiency qualification report.
- Security clearance letter (for international candidates)
- Letter of permission. (For employed candidates)
- After the successful application submission, the applicant can download the PDF version of the file.
- If the applicant is employed, the respective ministry would submit the printed application form.
- No hard copy of the application will be accepted.
- The application deadline of the University of Brunei Scholarships is 31st Jul 2021.