Do you want to get a prize of up to £5,000? The Commonwealth Short Story Prize 2024 has been announced for excellent writers around the globe. This Commonwealth prize is provided with no restriction of degree, either you are an undergraduate, graduate, or a PhD holder, you can apply and compete with the community of writers. You should not miss the chance if you match the eligibility criteria. You must read the entry rules thoroughly to get into the competition. This wonderful opportunity will surely be a great transformation for your personality by opening your dream avenues.
The Commonwealth story prize wants you to submit that story which should not be published in any kind of publication before. The team of readers and international judging panel will assess your entries first. The panel will be comprised of a chairperson and give judges from each of the following Commonwealth regions: Africa, Asia, Europe, Canada, the Caribbean, and the Pacific. If the selections are of languages other than English, they should be first assessed by the relevant language readers and translated into English for consideration to be included in the list. The translator of the winning story will also receive an additional prize award.
The Commonwealth Foundation essay contest is granted to the writers to write a short story of 2000 to 5000 words. The required genre for the prize is the fiction genre which includes science fiction, historical fiction, speculative fiction, romance, crime, and literary fiction. Depending upon your interest and area of choice, you can write on any of the above themes. Submissions are accepted in Turkish, Bengali, Chinese, Creole, French, Greek, English, Maltese, Samoan, Portuguese, Tamil, and Swahili. From the pool of around twenty stories, only five regional winners will be selected. All of the regional winning stories will be published on Granta. The Commonwealth Award is granted on the foundation of equality, justice, and inclusion.
The award opportunity by the Commonwealth aims to support the active participation of individuals in all areas of governance, nurture the growth of civil societies in all Commonwealth member countries, and promote the principles and vision of the organization. The internationally renowned organization moves around the values of integrity, respect, professionalism, innovation, plurality of thought and expression, as well as collaboration. The civil society organization is committed to strengthening people’s engagement in public dialogue so that they can act and learn together and build democratic societies in the world.
Commonwealth Short Story Prize 2024:
- United Kingdom.
- Commonwealth Foundation.
Benefits of the Commonwealth Short Story Prize 2024:
- The winning writers will receive a prize award of a minimum of £2,500 and a maximum of £5,000.
- The winning writers will get exposure to international English writing skills.
- Familiarity with the Commonwealth’s mission, vision, and core values.
Eligibility Criteria of the Commonwealth Short Story Prize 2024:
- Citizens of all Commonwealth member countries can apply.
- Should be of age 18 and above.
- Should be able to write a quality story.
- The story should not have been published before.
- The story should be between 2000 to 5000 words.
- No discrimination based on gender, race, religion, etc.
How to Apply for the Commonwealth Short Story Prize 2024:
- Applicants must apply through the official website.
- Register yourself by entering into the prize competition.
- Carefully read the entry rules.
- Fill up all the required fields.
- Complete the information carefully and submit it.
Selection Criteria for the Commonwealth Award 2024:
- Excellent Academic record.
- Quality of Writing.
- Meeting the eligibility criteria.
- The application deadline for the Commonwealth Essay Competition 2024 is November 02, 2023, at 12 am BST.