The Australia-Indonesia Youth Exchange Program 2023 is a remarkable opportunity for the young generation, to have passion to drive their careers in a better way. Individuals with the desire to learn about Indonesian culture and develop professional skills are encouraged to apply for the international exchange program. You will get the chance to share the Australian culture within the Indonesian community while enhancing cultural harmony among people and nations. 21 Australians and 21 Indonesians will get the opportunity to learn in the short span of eight weeks in which they interact and engage with each other, program alumni, and other professional specialists, involved in the Indonesian-Australian business world, diplomatic ties, and academics.
The fully-funded exchange program abroad, sponsored by the mutual collaboration of the Australian and Indonesian Governments, is a merit-based exclusive program that has two main components, online exposure, and in-country experience. While working through the Global Competence Certificate, participants will be engaged online for up to four weeks which they will be able to get a know-how about each other. Moreover, they will be prepared for getting experience in another culture. Australians will get working experience in the Indonesian environment whereas Indonesians will get practical experience in the Australian environment. They will have the experience of getting engaged with local businesses, organizations, special events, and the Australia-Indonesia Youth Forum.
The student exchange program will help young minds build their intercultural skills through participating in different cultural activities. The AFS Global Competence Certificate is an amalgamation of virtual learning and lives training through various modules. Each module will be comprised of quizzes, activities, videos, and forums to help participants expand their learning domain. Modular, blended, and experiential learning approaches are being used for intercultural learning among the participants. The online modules are based on such content that will help participants reflect on their cultural identities, manage their emotions, and build meaningful relationships beyond the differences.
The fully-funded scholarship program proves to be a key learning experience for AIYEP candidates. People, coming from different educational and professional backgrounds, will get the opportunity of three-weeks placements in businesses and organizations of another country. Value learning will act as the ladder to support each participant in preparing suitable work plans for them under the guidelines of workplace norms and expectations of the country, they will have to work for. Talking about Value Learning is an organization that provides facilitation, consultation, program designing, and development to educational, government, and non-profit bodies. Moreover, it is committed to fostering intercultural unity and advancing global competence among nations.
Australia-Indonesia Youth Exchange Program 2023:
- Australia and Indonesia.
- Value Learning- Intercultural Specialists.
- Australian Government.
- Australia Indonesia Institute.
AIYEP 2023 Program Duration:
- The duration of the Australia-Indonesia Exchange Program (AIEP) 2023 is of 8 weeks, including 4 weeks of online learning and 4 weeks of in-country experience.
- Online onboarding session: October 04, 2023.
- Program Kick-Off: October 11, 2023.
- Online Program: October 11, 2023, to November 01, 2023.
- Indonesian Group in Australia: November 04, 2023, to December 06, 2023.
- Candidates’ meetup in Canberra and Youth Forum: December 03, 2023, to December 06, 2023.
- Australian Group in Indonesia: December 06, 2023, to January 08, 2023.
Benefits of the Australia-Indonesia Youth Exchange Program 2023:
- Candidates will learn about the norms and values of other countries.
- Candidates will explore the avenues in different work settings.
- Candidates will get the opportunity to develop their interpersonal skills.
- Candidates will get the chance to work with professional mentors.
- The full cost is paid under the exchange program.
Eligibility Criteria of the Australia-Indonesia Youth Exchange Program:
- Candidates, who are citizens and permanent residents of Australia, are eligible to apply.
- Candidate should be aged between 21 and 25 years.
- Candidates with a passion to explore Indonesian culture.
- Candidates should have a passion to expand their knowledge.
- Candidate should wish to contribute to the strengthening of Australia’s relationship with neighboring countries.
- Candidates from all areas including young professionals, teachers, university graduates, or TAFE students can apply.
- Candidate should have the aptitude to learn the basic Indonesian language.
How to Apply for the Australia-Indonesia Youth Exchange Program:
- All candidates can apply via the online application system.
- Provide all the required personal information, including your academic and professional background.
- Ensure to answer all the questions that are asked during the application process.
- Ensure to provide the supporting documents, if any.
- Complete your application form carefully and submit it.
Australia Exchange Program Application Deadline:
- The last date to apply for the scholarship is June 30, 2023.