Applications are invited for the fully funded Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative 2019 in California, USA . This fully funded leadership program will take place in California for 7 days.
All the cost related to the program will be covered by the Rise Up. People from Pakistan, India, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Louisiana and Mississippi, USA can apply for this leadership program 2019.
Rise Up is launching the third cohort of the Youth Champions Initiative, in partnership with the David and Lucile Packard Foundation. The Youth Champions Initiative (YCI) is an exciting initiative that is advancing innovation and quality in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights globally. Through YCI, Rise Up invests in young champions who are leading the sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice (SRHRJ) movement now and for the next generation.
Following a competitive selection process, Rise Up will select 22 visionary young people working in Packard Foundation priority geographies – India, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Rwanda, and the United States (Louisiana and Mississippi). YCI integrates intensive capacity building, leadership development, mentoring, project funding, and technical assistance to enable young leaders to launch creative new initiatives to improve SRHRJ in their countries.
Rise Up Youth Champion Initiative Details:
- United States of America (USA)
- One Week
Program Benefits & Financial Support:
Rise Up will cover all costs related to program participation, including:
- Passport and Visa application fees
- Round-trip travel costs
- Lodging during the week-long Incubator workshop in California.
- Rise Up will bring Students, young leaders from Ethiopia, India, Pakistan, and the United States to participate in a week-long Incubator focused on leadership, technology, and innovation.
- Our innovative model integrates Leadership development, advocacy, project funding, and technical assistance to enable young leaders to leverage technology and innovation to create game-changing initiatives to improve sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice.
- The Incubator provides young leaders with the opportunity to strengthen their vision and leadership, learn from globally renowned experts, and develop their own innovative projects. Rise Up competitively awards seed grants to participating young people and their organizations to launch the innovative projects they developed during the Incubator..
Eligible candidates must meet the following selection criteria:
- Young persons between the ages of 18-29
- Residents of:
- Louisiana and Mississippi, USA
- Commitment to social change and experience in one or more of the following areas: youth development, education, sexual and reproductive health and rights, innovation and/or related fields
- Support of the applicant’s host organization and ability to participate in a workshop in Los Altos, California, the USA in June or July 2019
- Proficient in oral and written English
Also check some other international programs:
- CERN Openlab Summer Program for Undergraduate Students – Fully Funded
- ETH Student Summer Program 2019 in Switzerland – Fully Funded
- Fully Funded CERN Junior Fellowship Program
- Fully Funded CERN Senior Fellowship program
- Hansen Summer Institute in USA – Fully Funded
How to Apply Rise Up Youth Champion Initiative 2019?
Interested qualified applicants should complete the Application Form below (Downloadable) and email it on or before February 28, 2019, to Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy (cc) to Program Manager Claudia Romeu at email@example.com.
The Application deadline for the Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative is February 28, 2019. Applicants will be notified of selection results by May 1, 2019.
Deadline is February 28, 2019