You can now learn the Online Graphic Design Courses for free. The free Graphic Design Specialization will help you in making compelling design. Learn and apply the principles of graphic design towards a comprehensive branding project. There are 5 Courses in this Specialization.
The online course is offered by the California Institute of the Arts. CalArts has earned an international reputation as the leading college of the visual and performing arts in the United States. Offering rigorous undergraduate and graduate degree programs through six schools—Art, Critical Studies, Dance, Film/Video, Music, and Theater—CalArts has championed creative excellence, critical reflection, and the development of new forms and expressions.
This course is completely online, so there’s no need to show up to a classroom in person. You can access your lectures, readings, and assignments anytime and anywhere via the web or your mobile device.
A Coursera Specialization is a series of courses that help you master a skill. To begin, enroll in the Specialization directly, or review its courses and choose the one you’d like to start with. When you subscribe to a course that is part of a Specialization, you’re automatically subscribed to the full Specialization. It’s okay to complete just one course — you can pause your learning or end your subscription at any time. Visit your learner dashboard to track your course enrollments and your progress.
Online Graphic Design Courses 2020:
- California Institute of the Arts
Online Learning Platform:
About this Specialization:
Graphic design is all around us, in a myriad of forms, both on-screen and in print, yet it is always made up of images and words to create a communication goal. This four-course sequence exposes students to the fundamental skills required to make a sophisticated graphic design: process, historical context, and communication through image-making and typography. The sequence is completed by a capstone project that applies the skills of each course and peer feedback in a finished branding project suitable for a professional portfolio.
The goal of this specialization is to equip learners with a set of transferable formal and conceptual tools for “making and communicating” in the field of graphic design. This core skill set will equip learners for formal studies in graphic design, and a starting point for further work in interface design, motion graphics, and editorial design.
List of Graphic Design Courses:
There are 5 free online Courses in this Specialization
Course 1: Fundamentals of Graphic Design
- Graphic Design is all around us! Words and pictures—the building blocks of graphic design—are the elements that carry the majority of the content in both the digital world and the printed world. As graphic design becomes more visible and prevalent in our lives, graphic design as a practice becomes more important in our culture.
Course 2: Introduction to Typography
- Typography is the art of manipulating the visual form of language to enrich and control its meaning. It’s an essential area of skill and knowledge for graphic designers. Typography predates modern graphic design by around 500 years; it is rich in rules, conventions, and esoteric terminology—but it remains an exciting space for invention and expression.
Course 3: Introduction to Imagemaking
- This course for serious makers, and for students new to imagemaking. Imagemaking is a fluid and exciting area of graphic design that comes out of practice and process: experimenting fearlessly, showing and sharing ideas, and giving and receiving knowledgeable and constructive input.
Course 4: Ideas from the History of Graphic Design
- This condensed survey course focuses on four key periods or themes from the history of design. Together we’ll trace the emergence of design as a recognized practice, why things look the way they do, and how designers approached specific design problems in their work.
Course 5: Brand New Brand
- This course is the culmination of the Graphic Design Specialization and gives you an opportunity to tie together your knowledge and skills into a single project: a brand development guide for a company you will invent.
What you will learn?
- Implement the fundamentals of color: visual, rhythm, and pattern in design
- Use scale, weight, direction, texture, and space in a composition
- Typeset text and experiment with letter forms
- Create your own series of images using different image-making techniques
How to Enroll in Graphic Design Specialization?
Visit the official website and click on on the Enroll for Free.
Note: The Online Graphic Design Courses are totally free but if you want a certificate then you will need to pay. If you cannot afford to pay for a certificate, you can apply for Coursera financial aid.
Coursera has financial aid for almost every course and to get it, all you have to do is to fill up a form with some questions. Their acceptance rate is around 99%.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the “Enroll” button on the left. You’ll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved.
Note: For more Amazing & Fully-Funded national and international opportunities, visit our website scholarshipscorner.website and Follow us on Facebook Page, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Youtube Channel, and Telegram.