Applications are invited each year for the ADB Japan Scholarship Program 2018. ADB is inviting students from the ADB Member States to apply for the Asian Development Bank (ADP) Japan Scholarship Program.
The Asian Development Bank/Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) offers about 150 postgraduate scholarships each year for studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Master’s Degree Programs
- Doctoral Programs
ADB Scholarship Benefits:
The ADB-JSP is a fully funded scholarship and they will cover all the cost of the scholarship duration.
- Full tuition fees
- a monthly subsistence and housing allowance
- an allowance for books and instructional materials
- medical insurance
- travel expenses
For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation
- A national of an ADB borrowing member and Japanese ODA scholarship eligible country listed here.
- Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam
- Gained admission to an approved MA/ Ph.D. course at an academic institution.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with the superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
Also check some other amazing international scholarships:
- Chinese Government Scholarship for International Students 2018-2019
- Japan Africa Scholarship (JADS) Program