Zhejiang University Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE), aiming to develop outstanding international talent and improve the perception ofChina’s higher education. Under the mandate of the MOE, Zhejiang University is opening application for full-time postgraduate studies under the 2018 Chinese Government Scholarship –Chinese University Program.
- Zhejiang University
- Chinese Government Scholarship — Chinese University Program is a scholarship established by Ministry of Education (MOE) .
- Master’s Degree Programs
- Doctoral Programs
The duration of scholarship is decided in accordance with the duration of each specific program:
- Master’s Degree Programs: 2-3 academic years
- Doctoral Degree Programs: 3-4 academic years
Fields of Study:
- Zhejiang University offers graduate programs with Chinese or English as media of instruction. For more information of programs offered at Zhejiang University. Please check the the official website.
Also Read: Shanghai Government Scholarships
The Chinese University Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
- Tuition waiver;
- Free accommodation on campus;
- Stipend: Granted in accordance with the relevant standard;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Applicants must NOT be registered students in Chinese universities at the time of application or graduates from Chinese universities whose graduation is less than one year ago. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must be under the age of 40 and have master’s degree.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must be under the age of 35 and have bachelor’s degree.Applicants with Bachelors’ Degree Diplomas which were obtained from Top 500 World Universities (according to the list of Top 500 World Universities Overseasoffered by CSC in 2009) or Zhejiang University’s overseas partner universities are welcome to apply.
- Applicants should have a competitive academic record.
- Applicants should have strong scientific research ability.
- Applicants should not be beneficiaries of any other scholarships.
- Language proficiency requirements:
- Applicants for Chinese-taught programs of literature, history, philosophy, education and law should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 210，or HSK certificate of level 5 or above; applicants for other Chinese-taught programs should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 190，or HSK certificate of level 5 or above.
- There are no Chinese language proficiency requirements for the applicants of English-taught programs, but they (except for English native speakers) must have an internet-based TOEFL test score 90 or IELTS test score 6.5 (or above).
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, filled in Chinese or in English, pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
- Applicants shall fill in and submit application form via the CSC Online Application System for Study in China(http://laihua.csc.edu.cn ), then print application form and sign. Agency No. of Zhejiang University is 10335.
- Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
- Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form via the online application system first (link), then print and sign the Application Form produced by the online application system.
- A photocopy of passport.
- Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor, (if applicable)
- Highest degree certificate, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they must also provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Academic transcripts, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Applicants for master’s degree studies need to provide their undergraduate transcripts, and those for doctoral degree studies need to provide their undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Photocopies of language (Chinese or English) proficiency certificates. Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate. Applicants for English-instructed programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score. (Not required for English native speakers)
- Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal. No less than 1500 words.
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English. (Professors’ contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter)
- Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (if applicable)
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, filled in English.The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
After receiving the application materials, the university will check applicant’s information and process the application via CSC Online Application System for Study in China (http://laihua.csc.edu.cn ). If applicants re-fill or modify the application information at Online Application System after they submit application materials, they need resend the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship to Zhejiang University; otherwise the university may not be able to process the application via CSC Online Application System for Study in China.
New school year shall start in September, 2018. The specific date of registration will be written on the admission notice.
- April 20, 2018