Applications are now open for Youth International Summer School 2018 in Shanghai. The notion of a smart city is a well-developed narrative but what do we know about a smart society? As we approach the third decade of the 21st century, cities all over the world are harnessing the power that comes with huge technological advancements made over the past twenty years. By making our urban metropolises more efficient, we are truly on our way toward shaping a better world – but only if society is able and willing to keep up with the paced.
Set in the technological hub of Shanghai, China, the International Summer School 2018 is designed to foster leadership, human values and a sense of social responsibility. Through a harmonious combination of educational and cultural exchange programs, participants will leave the event feeling empowered and inspired to generate positive change within their communities. A series of informative keynotes, case studies and highly-interactive workshops will help attendees to gain insight on the different strategies and technologies used in the development and transformation of smart cities and societies. Participants will also be encouraged to consider their own roles and responsibilities in regard to the sustainable future of the planet.
- 6 Days
- 15th-20th July
- Participants will have the opportunity to meet with like-minded people from every continent in the world. From the US to the UK, Ghana to our host nation China, young people from all corners of the globe will have the chance to network with one another, in addition to making contacts with experts in the field of business, science, technology and other related fields.
- Youth Time International Movement carefully selects esteemed guest speakers and trainers to conduct all talks and workshops throughout the programme. Participants can expect to leave the International Summer School feeling inspired and with the newfound knowledge that will serve as a foundation for success in both their personal and professional lives.
- Summer School will be both a highly educational and fun-filled experience. There will be a range of enjoyable cultural activities that allow participants to further explore the host city. Participants will be given the chance to visit some of the city’s most exciting attractions whilst trying out some of the local cuisines. Participants will have the chance to dine in style, sampling traditional Chinese cuisine in spectacular surroundings. Further, our opening and plenary sessions will feature high-profile guests of honor which participants will have the opportunity to meet.
- The program is partially funded. Program, informal activities, food and accommodation will be covered by organizers.
- Participants are responsible for their visa and travel expenses.
- The participation fee is 150 EUR
- Young people ranging in age from 18 to 35 years old
- Evidence of strong social responsibility and commitment
- Fluency in English required
- Preferred backgrounds to include social and business enterprises, non-profits, social activists, artists, educators, young researchers, scholars and students.
- One Minute Video
How to Apply:
In order to apply for Youth International Summer School 2018, applicants should fill in the application form whereby they will attach their CV and one-minute
motivational video answering the following questions:
1. What do understand by the terms “Smart City” and “Smart Society”?
2. What is you motivation for applying to the International Summer School in Shanghai?
3. How will you implement the knowledge and skills you will gain from the International Summer School in Shanghai?
- May 6, 2018