The 2018 World Youth Essay Competition (WYEC) is an international essay competition for the high school and university students. The WYEC 2018 is open to students from all countries.
The WYEC 2018 gives you the unique opportunity to write about a subject that interests, motivates and inspires you the most! There is no topic restriction and you are free to write about topics such as
- aspects of society
- environmental issues
- science and technology
- global affairs
- and more.
Prizes and Awards:
The jury receives many outstanding submissions from all around the world. The WYEC awards honor a variety of excellent essays from exceptional youths and students.
WYEC Grand Prize 2018
- The overall best submission receives the WYEC Grand Prize 2018 of 1700 USD. The exceptional student that receives the WYEC Grand Prize will be invited to Germany for a special winner ceremony with all flight and accommodation expenses covered! In Germany, you will meet with current international leaders and professionals.
- The second and third best submissions receive the WYEC 2. prize and 3. prize of 2018. The award honors your extraordinary writing style and your creative mind. The 2. Prize and 3. Prize Winners will also be featured in one of the world’s most notable youth journals: You will be interviewed by journalists towards your motivation to inspire other youths around the world!
- The jury selects ten submissions for exceptional creativity, knowledge or language skills. You will receive the WYEC Award of Excellence to obtain encouragement and honor for your future achievements and professional career.
- All finalists will receive a special WYEC finalists certificate with honorable jury notes.
- All participants will receive a WYEC 2018 participation certificate.
- All high school and university students can participate in the WYEC 2018 international essay competition.
- The WYEC 2018 is open to students from all countries! Every student is welcomed to submit his essay. Because WYEC 2018 wants to encourage students from certain countries, the jury gives special attention to submission from these countries:
- Nepal, India, Pakistan, Germany, Thailand, Gambia, Philippines, Kenya, Bangladesh, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Liberia, Zambia, Indonesia, Morocco, France, Brazil. If you are from one of these countries, you have a great chance to become a finalist and we highly encourage you to participate in WYEC 2018!
- If you are from one of these countries, you have a great chance to become a finalist and we highly encourage you to participate in WYEC 2018!
- The essay has to be between one to eight pages in the English language.
- You can also use pictures and graphics in your essay to visualize your words.
- Please submit your essay as PDF file (preferred).
- The essay has to be in the English language.
- You can submit essay from the past years they we encourage you to write a brand-new essay.
The WYEC 2018 jury judges each essay individually based on various criteria which may include creativity, writing style, knowledge skills and more. The WYEC 2018 Finalists will answer three short questions towards personality and achievements: The jury selects the winners based on your essay and your personality!
- March 31, 2018