Plant your path at the next Youth Ag Summit. Are you aged 18-25* and passionate about food security? Would you like an all-expenses paid trip to Brazil and the chance to learn from some of the world’s leading agricultural experts? Do you have an idea that could help achieve Zero Hunger?
The Youth Ag Summit is a unique opportunity to connect and empower the next generation of agricultural change-makers. Every two years, we bring together 100 global young leaders aged 18 to 25, for networking, debates, skills training, and project development. The end goal? To equip young people to take concrete action on one of humanity’s most pressing problems: how to feed a hungry planet.
What are you waiting for? #Plantyourpath to Brazil and apply today.
- 3 Days
- 4-6 November
No. of Participants:
- 100 young Ag entrepreneurs
- The costs for attending the Summit are covered by the Youth Ag Summit organizers. These include: flights, transportation, accommodation, and catering during the event. Any other travel costs unrelated to Youth Ag Summit activities will not be covered by the organizers.
The Youth Ag Summit YAS 2019 theme is Feeding a Hungry Planet.
The world’s population is expected to reach almost 10 billion by 2050. To feed everyone, we need to produce 50% more food with less land and fewer resources. Cutting-edge farming practices can help, but many people are wary and misinformed when it comes to modern agriculture. We need to bridge the disconnect between those who produce our food and those who consume it.
- Open to young people aged 18 to 25 with a passion for agriculture, food security, environmental stewardship, world hunger, biotechnology, farming, or animal husbandry;
- Applicants do not have to be farmers – previous Summit participants have included lawyers, doctors, teachers, and business management students!
- They welcome applications from current students, as well as young people already working in a relevant field, who would like to plant a path towards ending hunger and global food insecurity.
- They are looking for people who are engaged with the Sustainable Development Goals, ready to share their views on how to feed a hungry planet, and passionate about making a difference.
How to Apply for Youth Ag Summit Brazil?
You will need to share the following information as part of the application process, so please keep to hand:
- Your contact details and personal information
- A high-quality portrait picture (this doesn’t need to be formal)
- A 3-minute video explaining why we should choose you! Please upload this as a private video to YouTube and share the private link with us in Part 4 of the application.
Also apply for some other amazing opportunities:
- International Student Festival in Iran – Fully Funded
- Hansen Summer Institute in USA -Fully Funded
- World Youth Forum in Egypt – Fully Funded
- 4th ASEF Classroom Network Conference in Finland – Fully Funded
- January 10, 2019