The Young Water Fellowship Programme 2018 for Young Leades is now accepting applications. The Young Water Fellowship Program aims to empower young leaders from low and middle income countries to implement projects to tackle water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), water pollution and water scarcity issues, by offering them an intensive training program, seed funding grants for their projects, and mentoring support by senior level experts during one year.
The YWF 2018 will focus on social entrepreneurship. Young people with social businesses ideas (or projects that can be turned into social businesses) that address water-related issues are welcome to apply.
- 1 Month
- August 13th to September 14th 2018 (note that exact dates might change).
The Young Water Fellowship offers you support in 3 ways:
TRAINING: Selected Fellows will be invited to participate in Cewas’ Start-up Training Programme.
MENTORSHIP: You will be assigned mentors that will support you in the first steps of your social enterprise.
SEED-FUNDING: You will have opportunities to receive seed-funding (up to €5000) for the first stages of your social enterprise.
All training costs (flights, transportation in Europe, accommodation, meals) will be covered by the organizers. However, you are expected to cover only your visa expenses and local transportation from and to the airport in your country of residence.
Also Visit: Fully Funded RAF Fellowship in New York
- Be the founder or co-founder of an initiative that contributes to the solution of a well-defined water problem in your country. The initiative should be prone to be turned into a social enterprise (have a long-term sustainability component or business model) and must be in its planning or initial stages.
- Be a citizen and resident of a low or middle income country
- Be available to attend a workshop in Europe from August 13th to September 14th 2018 (note that exact dates might change).
- Have at least an intermediate knowledge of English. Your must be able to understand and express opinions in this language (the workshop will be held in English). However, the form can be filled in in English, French or Spanish.
- Supporting documents (cv, reference letter)
- May 16th, 2018