The Pakistan Institute of Legislative Development and Transparency is now accepting applications for Young Politicians Fellowship Programme 2019. The Pildat fellowship program will run for a duration of four weeks. The PILDAT youth fellowship in Pakistan will select 20 fellows from 10 political parties.
The Young Politicians’ Fellowship Program (YPFP) by TABEER/PILDAT is a unique opportunity for young, active and passionate members of key political parties of Pakistan to engage with political experts, political party leadership and learn through high-level training sessions and study visits focused on political process in Pakistan.
The Young Politicians’ Fellowship Programme will select 20 fellows from across Pakistan, belonging to 10 major political parties, to experience a four weeks term in Islamabad and Provincial capitals of Pakistan. Fellows will hone their skills in writing of a Policy Brief. Successful fellows will be awarded with a completion of Fellowship Certificate.
Are you eager to contribute to the country’s political process and accelerate your political career? Engage in dialogue and debates on critical political issues? Get a chance of a lifetime to learn in-depth policy options and alternatives? You can compete today to join the Young Politicians Fellowship Programme. With only 20 seats that will bring in the best & brightest young members from key political parties, the fellowship will offer you the opportunity of learning and interaction you have never experienced before. Through the fellowship, 20 selected young Pakistanis will get to learn and experience context and concepts behind Pakistan’s leading political and policy issues, skills of critical thinking on issues affecting Pakistan, review existing policy framework employed in addressing issues and develop policy alternatives through engagement with political leaders, constitutional, legal, economic and political experts.
Young Politicians Fellowship Details:
- The Pakistan Institute of Legislative Development and Transparency
- Majority of the activities of Young Politicians’ Fellowship Programme (YPFP) will be held at a local hotel in Islamabad while Study Visits will take place in Islamabad and Provincial capitals.
- 4 Weeks
- There is no Application Fee.
- Travel cost from home base to Islamabad will be covered (one-time)
- A modest stipend of Rs. 30,000/- will be given to each fellow to cover stay, food & Misc. expenses
- Any other expenses incurred beyond the stipend and one-time travel reimbursement will be the responsibility of the Fellow.
What will the fellowship entail?
- Educational activities at Islamabad for 1 week consisting of roundtable discussions with renowned leaders and experts in their respective fields
- Study Visits to various institutions and meetings with senior public officials based in Islamabad and/or provincial capitals
- Preparing a Policy Brief and presentation, holding group discussions and finally making Presentation to a group of reviewers based on which you will be graded
Which Political Parties?
You can submit your Expression of Interest if you belong to any one of the following political parties
- Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf – PTI
- Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz – PML-N
- Pakistan Peoples Party – PPP
- Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam – Fazlur Rehman – JUI-F
- Jama’at-e-Islami Pakistan – JIP
- Pakistan Muslim League – PML
- Muttahida Quami Movement Pakistan- MQM-P
- Awami National Party – ANP
- Balochistan Awami Party – BAP
- National Party – NP
This prestigious Young Politicians Fellowship ypf 2019 has a highly competitive selection process. The following selection criteria will be used to finalise selection of each Fellow of the Young Politicians’ Fellowship Programme:
- In order to submit, EoI, you must be between 25 to 35 years of age as of February 07, 2019.
- You must be a current member of any one of the selected political parties (PTI, PML-N, PPP, MQM-P, PML-Q, JIP, JUI-F, BAP, NP and ANP).
- You must be a Pakistani national residing in Pakistan with a demonstrated interest and passion for politics.
- You must submit completed EoI by the given deadline.
- Your candidacy will be determined by the quality of political activism demonstrated in the EoI and the quality of original answers to the essay questions, which should be goal oriented and focused and free from plagiarism. In case of any plagiarised content, the EoI will be rejected.
- The quality of your answers to questions asked in the interview, once you are shortlisted.
Key Features/Terms & Conditions of the Young Politicians’ Fellowship Programme:
The Young Politicians’ Fellowship Programme is conceived and implemented by Pakistan Institute of Legislative Development And Transparency – PILDAT under Tabeer programme.
- Total number of fellows under the Young Politicians’ Fellowship Programme (YPFP) is to be 20.
- The Young Politicians’ Fellowship Programme will run for a duration of four weeks. Most of the activities will be on week days but some activities in extra-ordinary circumstances / travel may be scheduled over the weekends (Saturday & Sunday). Majority of the activities will take place in Islamabad. The selected Fellows will be expected to arrange for their boarding and lodging in Islamabad for which a modest stipend of Rs. 30,000/- will be provided to the Fellows. During the Study visits to the provincial capitals, travel, boarding and lodging will be arranged by the Programme.
- The Young Politicians’ Fellowship Programme (YPFP) is to have representation of 10 selected Political Parties under the project including PTI, PML-N, PPP, MQM-P, PML-Q, JIP, JUI-F, BAP, NP and ANP.
- The age of fellows would be between 25 and 35 years as of February 07, 2019.
- PILDAT/Tabeer Team will finalise selection for the fellowship. Criteria for selection is given in the following section. After the received EoIs are shortlisted, interviews will be conducted by PILDAT to finalise candidates for the Young Politicians’ Fellowship Programme.
- The Fellowship will consist of various Political/Educational activities at Islamabad consisting of roundtable discussions with renowned leaders and experts in their respective fields. Fellows will be required to prepare a Policy Brief alongside and present to a group of reviewers, based on which they will be graded.
- The Fellowship will also consist of Study Visits to the parliamentary institutions and meetings with senior public officials based in Islamabad and Lahore.
- Some of the programme proceedings of the YPFP will be placed on the website as a record.
- Process of submitting EoIs would be free of charge. Travel cost of Fellows from their home base to Islamabad will be covered (one-time) by the Programme.
- Once selected as a Fellow, each Fellow will be provided with a modest Stipend of Rs. 30,000/- to directly cover stay, food and miscellaneous expenses during the period of 4-week-long Fellowship. However, expenses relating to travel, stay and meals for the study visits will be borne by the Programme.
- If a candidate or a person on his/her behalf, or political party approaches PILDAT/Tabeer directly or indirectly to influence the selection process, the candidate will stand disqualified.
- A change in the key features may be made by PILDAT at any time without any advance notice. However, an effort will be made to provide sufficient notice about the change to the concerned persons.
- Candidates are requested to write their original answers in the EoI. The assessment process will undertake plagiarism tests and in case of plagiarized content, the EoI will be rejected.
How to Apply for Young Politicians Fellowship Programme 2019?
Send in your Expression of Interest online by clicking on the relative links in the side bar on official website. The forms are available in both Urdu and English. To fill out the Urdu form, you must have Urdu Language and Urdu keyboard installed on your system.
If you have any further questions, please refer to the FAQs section. You may also drop an email to email@example.com
Deadline or Last Date for Receiving Completed Expression of Interest Forms: February 20, 2019, Time: 11:59 PM
Deadline is tomorrow