The aim of the Young Leaders Access Program, USA is to bring dedicated and motivated youth from all over the world, united by the goal of creating positive change in their communities. This program identifies youth with high potential to lead in their communities and solve different community problems with their leadership skills. The selected participants will come together and will develop a better understanding of the social issues and change and address these issues by the skills they learn through YLC and to come back to their communities as mobilized leaders in a globalized world.
YLC consists of Three Component:
- The YLA Retreat
- Project Implementation
- Alumni Mentorship and Support
- United States of America
- New York, NY and Burlington, Vermont
- MCW (Miracle Corners of the World
- 1 year
The MCW will cover all the all the cost including:
- International Flights for international participants
- Domestic flights for United States participants
- Housing from the evening of July 23, 2018- August 2, 2018
- 3 meals per day from July 24, 2018- August 2, 2018
- Round Trip Travel from New York, New York to Burlington, Vermont with MCW group
- Public Transportation to/from JFK, LaGuardia Airport, Newark
- Basic Travel Health Insurance for International Participants with coverage from July 24, 2018- August 2, 2018
Note: Cost of the Passport Fees, Visa Fees and In Country costs (travel to the airport, extra baggage fees, etc.) is not Covered by MCW.
The application must be consists of the following documents. Careful read the details given below:
- General Information
- Essay Questions
- Identify an issue in your community that concerns you. How would you like to address this issue?
- Describe one time you have been faced with a challenge and had to use a leadership skill to come up with a solution.
- Resume/ CV
- Your resume/ CV should not be more than one page.
- You must upload your resume/ CV directly into the application in PDF format
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Your letters should come from people who know your work ethic and commitment to your local community. Friends and family members are discouraged from writing the letters of recommendation.
- Recommenders should state their name, position, and relationship to the applicant at the top of the letter.
- The letter should be on official letterhead, signed and dated.
- You must upload your letters of recommendation directly into the application in PDF format
- Liability Waiver
The application process will consist of three rounds:
- the general application
- a brief needs assessment
- and an alumni interview.
- January 2, 2018