Youth Exchange and Study Program – YES Program 2019/20 in USA is the world best fully funded youth exchange program for high school students (9th or 10th Grade or ‘O’ Levels Students).
What is YES Program?
The Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program provides scholarships to Pakistani high school students for one academic session in United States. YES program scholarships, funded by the The US Department of State-Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, give secondary school students in many countries a new opportunity to study at American high schools and live with American host families for one academic year. The YES scholarship program is implemented by a consortium of organizations lead by American Councils.
Students are enrolled in a full academic year of high school study in the US, attending classes, labs and extracurricular programs with their American classmates. YES students also participate in special enrichment activities, including community service, youth leadership training, a civics education program and other activities that develop a well-rounded understanding of American culture through interaction with diverse groups of Americans. Likewise, participating students act as cultural ambassadors to their American host communities, becoming invaluable resources for Americans, whose contact with YES students provides them with an opportunity to learn about the rich and vibrant cultures of students’ home countries.
Since 2003, the Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program has provided scholarships to more than 1100 Pakistani high school students.
- United States of America
- 1 year
- The program is fully sponsored and the scholarship covers all major costs like Airfare, US Visa Fee, boarding and lodging in the U.S.A., School Tuition and a $125 a month stipend.
- Pakistani citizen and reside in Pakistan.
- Secondary school students in their home country (Pakistan) who are currently (Academic year 2018-19) enrolled in 9th or 10th grade or ‘O’ Levels students. (Note for O’ Level Students: only O’ Level 9thgrade or O’ Level 10th grade students are eligible to apply. O’ Level 11th graders are not eligible)
- Minimum 15 years of age and not older than 17 years on August 1, 2019.
- Minimum 60% marks in all major/core subjects (English, Mathematics, Sciences) in the last class attended; overall minimum average 60% marks for the past three years. (Students with a gap year or a repeated year are not eligible.)
- Can communicate in English. Minimum 60% marks in English exam during the past three years (2015-16 and 2016-17 and 2017-18).
- Must not have traveled to the United States.
Note: Minimum 60% marks in all subjects in the examination that will be held before departure to the U.S.A. (The annual exams that will be held in 2019). Students will be required to send their mark sheets of the last examination when they receive the mark sheets.
Students who meet the following in addition to the above criteria are likely to be short listed for the final round of selection.
- Pass Entry Test.
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, adaptability, good character and scholastic aptitude.
- Willingness to participate in host family’s daily life.
- Record of all necessary immunizations, as outlined in the Student Application, before arriving in the U.S.A.
- Should demonstrate flexibility and a commitment to promoting cross-cultural understanding.
- Agreement to attend classes as a full-time student and maintain at least a ‘B’ Grade average in an American high school.
- Willingness and agreement to abide by the ‘YES Student Rules’ as outlined in the YES Student Application and all other rules and policies during the program.
- Know and practice Pakistani culture and values, and able to represent the same in the U.S. schools and communities.
- Meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility requirements (for instance, the U.S. citizens are not eligible for J-1 visa)
Our Recent YES Program Pakistan Live Session with YES Alumuna 2016 t on our Facebook Page.Your all Questions are answered on this Session about YES Pakistan test and interview questions
Application Process for YES Pakistan 2019 – 2020:
STEP-1 Preliminary Application
Students who fulfill the Selection Criteria and agree to the Parent Student Agreement and General Program Rules , can apply for the scholarship.
Students who are eligible according to the Selection Criteria but their schools are not interested in participating in the YES program can apply independently. They can download the Preliminary Applications from the website and submit along with all the required documents via courier or mail.
Please do not send any original documents. Any documents submitted are not returned. Only send the photocopies of the documents mentioned in the Preliminary Application.
The participating schools/organizations must collect fully completed Preliminary Applications with all required documents from students and submit the applications and required documents to the iEARN Center, Karachi.
STEP-2 Entry Test
- After the initial Preliminary Application screening, short listed applicants will be notified for YES Entry Test (proctored essays) through letters sent to their address mentioned in the Preliminary Applications.
- Students who pass the Entry Test will be sent/couriered Interview letters with YES Final Applications.
- Students will be required to fill up YES Final Application and appear in Interviews. (Students must come with completed YES Final Application along with required documents.)
- Students who get through the interview will be required to take English Language Proficiency Test.
Selection Process for YES 2019 – 2020:
- Final selection of students will be based on Entry Test, Interview, neatly filled completed YES Final Application with all required documents and ELTiS test score.
- The finalists will be notified by a letter and Scholarship Acceptance form from the YES Program Director.
Keep checking the announcement section of YES website or facebook page for updates and information.
Important Note: Providing any false/forged documents or information or any discrepancy found at any stage of selection process will result in disqualification of the applicant.
88-H, P.E.C.H.S, Block-6, Karachi-75400, Sindh, Pakistan.
E-mail: email@example.com Web: www.yespk.org
- October 1st, 2018