Call for applications for the fully funded Yenching Global Symposium Conference 2019 in Beijing, The objective of this fully funded conference in china is to incorporate a gender nuance into the larger discourse on China. To this end, gender-related perspectives are the unifying thread through which we explore contemporary China’s most important issues.China.
China has arrived. The stories of China’s arrival have been told through its politics, economics, and society. Wǒmen: Retelling the China Stories aims to identify key components of the global “China stories” and interpret them through a gendered lens.
Wǒmen: Retelling the China Stories moves Yenching Global Symposium forward in its vision of fostering the next generation of thought leadership on China through the symposium’s agenda-setting role.
- Peking University
- 3 Days
- March 29th – 31st, 2019
No. of Delegates:
- There will be approximately 200 delegates at the Yenching Global Symposium from all over the world.
All the expenses of 2019 Yenching Global Symposium Conference in China will be covered by the organizers. The conference in china covers:
- Round Trip Ticket
- Accommodation, and
- Meals in Beijing for the duration of the conference.
ECONOMICS & DEVELOPMENT
- This sub-theme will explore correspondences between gender and material resource distribution, and how this perpetuates gender-related phenomena across other levels of Chinese and international society.
POLITICS & LAW
- This sub-theme will explore interactions among gender, legal dynamics, and political structures. Further, it attempts to understand how gender is considered and represented in making and assessing China’s policies across the local, domestic, and international arenas.
SOCIETY & CULTURE
- This sub-theme will explore ways in which gender is represented in China’s art, culture, and public sphere. Lastly, it will move beyond the Chinese context to view the implications of such gender-society linkages for a global society
The 2019 fully funded conference will be in Peking University’s historic campus in Beijing, this three-day, fully-funded event invites prominent Chinese and international scholars with a noted passion for China in their work and research, along with leading professionals from a wide range of fields. In a rapidly shifting global arena, the 2019 Symposium, “Wǒmen: Retelling the China Stories,” re-explores China’s multi-faceted revival through a gendered lens.
Wǒmen: Retelling the China Stories will take place March 29th – 31st, 2019, and will feature keynote speakers, panels of academics and practitioners, interactive activities, site visits, and cultural immersion programming.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any field;
- Strong interest in learning about China and engaging in nuanced, interdisciplinary discussions which address critical societal issues relating to China;
- Available for the entirety of the conference, March 29-31st 2019 (and available for any required travel time to and from Beijing);
- Have not attended any of the previous Yenching Global Symposiums or Yenching Social Innovation Forums;
- English Proficiency;
- Leadership potential;
- Bonus: Involvement in China-related activities – academic, voluntary, professional, extra-curricular.
Applications are highly competitive; we will only consider applicants who meet all the eligibility criteria and whose submissions are fully completed.
Tips for Application:
- Please save your responses on a word document for your reference. Drafts will not be saved. Please submit the full application when all responses are filled.
- Your responses should be maximum of 200 words. Responses that are less than 100 words will not be competitive.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. It is in your best interest to submit your application as soon as possible.
- Incomplete and/or late applications will not be accepted.
- If English is not your first language or if you have not graduated from an English-taught program, please provide IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge or CEFR scores. Applicants who do not have IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge or CEFR scores should provide a description of other English proficiency experience.
- The application deadline for Yenching Global Symposium Conference 2019 in China is 8th December 2018.
Deadline is December 8, 2018