Applications are now open for Yale Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program 2019 in USA.
This is a four-month, full-time residential program, based out of Yale’s Jackson Institute for Global Affairs.
The Program provides World Fellows the opportunity to expand their vision, learn from each other, and grow personally and professionally. World Fellows contribute to Yale’s intellectual life, give talks and participate on panels, collaborate with peers, audit classes, and mentor students.
- United States of America (USA)
- Yale University
- 4 Months
- The program begins in mid-August and runs through mid-December. Fellows are expected to remain at Yale for the entire duration of the program.
- The Program includes trips to New York City and Washington, DC., and a retreat.
- Additionally, the selected applicants receive an attractive compensation package which entails the following.
- Yale Greenberg World Fellows do not pay tuition or fees of any kind to Yale University.
- A taxable stipend to cover the costs of living in New Haven
- A modest, furnished one- or two-bedroom apartment for the duration of the program
- Medical insurance
- Round-trip travel from home country
Key components of the Program are:
- Good society. World Fellows present to each other their vision for making the world a better place, what they do professionally, and how they contribute to building the ‘good society.’
- Dine and discuss. World Fellows host distinguished guests for discussions on key topics, expanding their knowledge and challenging their views.
- World Fellows receive individual and group coaching and skills development training. World Fellows can audit many of the 2,000+ courses offered at Yale, work on individual or collaborative projects, and conduct independent research.
- World Fellows give talks and participate on panels across Yale, sharing their knowledge and expertise with students and faculty.
- World Fellows mentor students (both undergraduate and graduate) who apply to be their liaisons. The student liaisons assist World Fellows in putting on events and ensure that they are fully immersed in life at Yale.
- The program is extremely demanding of Fellows’ time. Fellows are expected to participate in the Seminar, skill building sessions, and University classes during the day, and in presentations, dinners with distinguished speakers, and networking events several evenings each week. In addition, Fellows may be scheduled to travel for several days at a time over the course of the fellowship.
- Open for All
To be eligible, applicants must be,
- be at least five, and typically not more than twenty, years into their careers, with demonstrated professional accomplishments at a regional, national, or international level, and a clear indication of future contributions and excellence. The average age of a Greenberg World Fellow is 39, though there is no minimum or maximum age limit.
- be fluent in English. An excellent command of the English language is essential.
- be a citizen of a country other than the United States. While dual citizens are eligible, preference is given to candidates whose work is focused outside the US.
Furthermore, the selection criteria include,
- An established record of extraordinary achievement and integrity;
- Commitment to engagement in crucial issues and to making a difference at the local, national, or international level;
- Promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact;
- Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking;
- Likelihood to benefit from participation in the program and to contribute to the global perspective on Yale’s campus;
- Commitment to a rigorous program of activities, to full-time residence at Yale for the entire duration of the program, and to mentoring students and speaking frequently on campus.
The program does not require TOEFL or IELTS test scores as part of the application process. Should an applicant progress to the final stages of selection, his/her English fluency will be assessed during a phone interview.
Also check some other international opportunities:
- Fully Funded Global Leaders Fellowship in USA
- Senior Fellowship Program in USA – Fully Funded
- ETH Student Research [Fully Funded] Summer Fellowship in Switzerland
- Professional Fellow Exchange Program in USA – Fully Funded
- December 5, 2018