Applications are invited for the 2018 WOW Design Competition in New Zealand. World of WearableArt invites you to enter the internationally renowned design competition. Bring your work of art to life, on stage, for the whole world to see in 2018.
WOW Design Competition is a renowned international design competition that attracts hundreds of entries from all over the world. Using the human body as a blank canvas designers create works of wearable art to be exhibited in the annual WOW Awards Show.
For 30 years, World of WearableArt has bewitched and beguiled. Now, for this very special anniversary event, we’re once again calling on designers, artists and creators everywhere to bring to life the worlds that live in your mind for this truly international design competition.
- New Zealand
The 2018 WOW Design Competition offers over $170,000 in prize money under various sections and criteria.
The following provisions set out entry requirements in respect of the WOW™ Awards:
- Designers must enter under their own names and not as a collective or a business.
- Design teams can consist of no more than three designers (and any reference to ‘designer’ in these terms and conditions will include all members of a design team).
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or over as at 28 March 2018.
- Designers can submit multiple entries.
- An entry can be submitted into one competition section only. For example, the same garment entry cannot be entered into both the Avant-garde and Open sections.
- An entry can be designed for a maximum of three models to wear.
- WOW™ will supply all models for judging and on-stage performances.
- No trade marks, logos or brand names can be used in an entry, except for those of WOW™ or one of its major sponsors with their approval and sign off.
- An unsuccessful entry previously entered in the competition cannot be entered again in a subsequent year unless altered by 85%.
- An entry that has been shown in another competition prior to entering WOW will be accepted.
- WOW asks that designers do not actively promote their WOW entries publicly or publish images or video footage of their entries during the competition process until after the WOW Awards ceremony.
- Any such decision of the judges and/or WOWTM will be final and not be open to challenge by the designer.
Please read the the full Terms and Conditions before you enter the Competition.
How to Apply:
Please follow the following procedure while apply for test best design competition.
Step 1 – intention to enter:
The online entry process officially opens on 23 September 2017.
Step 1 (intention to enter) requires designers to submit their intention to enter online, this must be done by 28 March 2018. At Step 1 designers are required to state how many garments you intend to enter and into which sections.
Design teams (2-3 members) must nominate a lead designer to complete the entry process on behalf of the team.
You can edit this information or withdraw an entry at any point before 28 March. Designers cannot add a new entry after this date.
Step 2 – pre-selection:
Step 2 (pre-selection) is compulsory for all first-time New Zealand entrants* and ALL international entrants.
For pre-selection, designers are required to upload photographs of their completed garments online for the judges’ consideration. Designers will be notified of the judges decisions and successful entrants will be asked to complete the rest of the online entry process and send their entries to World of WearableArt in Nelson, New Zealand to participate in the first official judging round.
Returning New Zealand entrants are not required to complete pre-selection and the online entry process will allow you to go straight to Step 3 (complete your entry).
- International deadline: 28 March 2018
- New Zealand deadline: 14 May 2018