World Press Institute Fellowship is one of the best fellowship for international journalist in the world,. The aim of WPI fellowship is to provide immersion into the governance, politics, business, media, journalistic ethics and culture of the United States for experienced international journalists, through a demanding schedule of study, travel and interviews throughout the country.
The WPI Fellowship Started working in 1961. Since then this fellowship program has brought almost 600 international journalist form 100 countries to the United States of America.
- United States of America
- World Press Institute
- The selected fellows of WPI fellowship program will spend three weeks in Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota, and after that they will travel to different U.S. cities, including New York and Washington, D.C., for briefings, interviews and visits.
No. of Fellowships:
The WPI will covers all the cost, Including:
- Traveling cost to and from US
- Transportation cost within the US
- Lodging Cost
- a modest daily per diem for food is provided
- Personal expenses, such as cameras, film, postage and clothing, are the responsibility of the fellows.
- All the selected WPI fellows are required for and take part in all briefings and all other scheduled WPI events.
- The fellows must agree to complete the entire program and will go back to their home countries after the completion of the program. .
- The WPI will write the blog, WPI Reports for the WPI Web site and submit three different stories for WPI’s online partners during their fellowship.
- Regular reviews and assessments are required.
- The WPI fellows have to participate in different round table discussions about their insights into the U.S. or international journalism issues.
- Fellows must have respect for the journalist from the other cultures and countries.
- Fellows will able to travel a lot and will be able to change venues frequently.
- Fellows must have at least five (5) years full-time employment in print, broadcast, or online journalism.
- Those supervisor who supervise journalists are eligible to apply but they must have at least five of years experience as a working journalist.
- Photojournalists, editorial cartoonists, columnists and broadcast producers are also eligible.
- Journalism related work done as a university student does not count towards experience.
- People who work in public relations or at organizations whose primary business is not the media are not eligible
- The fellows must be currently working as a non-U.S. journalist working outside of the United States.
- Fellows must be fluent in English. Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Fellows must have Potential for leadership
You will need the following documents at the time of online application of World Press Institute Fellowship.
- Applicant information
- Employment history and education
- Two essays are required as part of the online application. They are:
- Please describe your professional goals and achievements (in 200-500 words)
- Why are you seeking a WPI Fellowship? What do you expect to gain? What do you expect to contribute? (200-500 words)
- Color photo of yourself
- Work samples
- Awards, fellowships,
- Three letters of recommendation
- February 16, 2018.