Call for applications for the fully funded Women Deliver Conference 2019 in Canada. The Women Deliver Conference 2019 – the world’s largest gathering on the health, rights, and wellbeing of women and girls – will serve as a fueling station for advocates working to achieve a more gender equal world. In the summer of 2019, over 6,000 world leaders, influencers, advocates, academics, activists, and journalists will flock to Vancouver with dreams of accelerating progress girls and women everywhere.
The choice of Canada as a location of the 2019 conference – a country that continues to prioritize gender equality – will send a signal to the world that investing in the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women is not optional, but foundational to catalytic reform and progress for all.
- 4 Days
- 3-6 June 2019
The scholarship program provides financial assistance to people who would otherwise be unable to cover the cost of attendance. It is opened to individuals of any age, but preference will be given to applicants from low- and middle-income countries and/or vulnerable populations who are working to advance gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women—including sexual and reproductive health and rights.
The scholarship covers:
- Registration Fee
- Ground Transportation (days of conference only)
- Economy Airfare
- Per Diem (days of conference only)
- Visa Reimbursement
- Hotel Accommodation (days of conference only)
- Health Insurance
- Open to advocates of all geographies, ages, and backgrounds.
Upon acceptance, scholarship recipients must be willing to complete the following commitments.
- Participate in the online communication and advocacy boot-camp in winter or spring of 2019
- Hold at least one policy dialogue post-conference in home country
- Secure visa at least 3 months prior to the conference (Canada allows applications 6 months prior to the event)
- Participate fully in the conference (on-site attendance for the full duration)
- Respond promptly to requests for information from the organizers
How to Apply:
Application will be submitted through the online application system.
Scholarship selection is based on a non-biased scoring system, performed by an independent Scholarship Review Committee.
- 19th April 2018