Applications are now open for the fully funded Youth for Wildlife Conservation Forum 2019. This is a nine day forum and will be held in Sri Lanka.
Here is your chance to join Y4WC in the first youth-led forum, centered on finding solutions to wildlife conservation issues, empowering early-career conservationists in international policy-making, and developing the skills and networks of future conservation leaders. Taking place prior to and during the 18th gathering of the world’s biggest conservation policy-making convention, the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (or CITES CoP18 in short) in Colombo, Sri Lanka (20th-28th May, 2019).
Y4WC aims to fully engage and empower early-career wildlife conservationists in the CITES processes, and catalyze a new generation of wildlife conservation leaders committed to effective policy and management of wildlife that translates to practical, grassroot conservation efforts on the ground. Together we will contribute to the long-term conservation of wildlife worldwide.
- Sri Lanka
- 9 Days
- 20-28 May 2019
- Travel and participation costs are covered by Y4WC.
- Activities during the nine-day forum include a team field excursion, skills and capacity building workshops, debates and discussions with experts in the field and endless social events for networking.
- Successful applicants will need to demonstrate commitment to wildlife, environmental, conservation and/or sustainable community development issues to earn their place at the forum. You will need to be willing to devote time prior to and following the forum to engage with a wider online community, demonstrate how you will use what you learn, and contribute to the diversity of the group experience.
- Be between 18 and 30 years old on the 19th of May 2019
- Be able to commit to travel to Sri Lanka from the 19th-29th of May 2019
- Be able to understand and speak English (fluency is not required; however, the forum will be conducted in English and participants are expected to be comfortable in the language)
- Be a member of Y4WC: it’s free to become a member and only takes a minute
By signing up, you agree that Y4WC can send you information about the youth movement in wildlife conservation, Y4WC campaigns and the occasional newsletter with added opportunities to get involved.
Candidates from under-represented and minority groups in conservation are strongly encouraged to apply.
Also check some other amazing opportunities:
- Application must be completed and submitted with letter of recommendation and photo by 11:59 PM/ 23:59 GMT, Wednesday, 31st of October 2018.