The United Nations World Food Programme is now accepting applications for WFP Summer Internship Programme 2019 in Cairo, Egypt. The WFP Summer Internship Program is an 8-week full-time program for highly qualified Egyptian students and fresh graduates to explore the opportunity of working with the United Nations in Egypt.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
You will learn about WFP and its culture through real-life work experience, a field visit to one of the WFP sites in Egypt and exposure to various job roles. We will provide you relevant soft skills and on-the-job training and feedback to kick-start your professional career. Through this experience, you will develop new skills and make new connections that very well might provide professional references for you someday. You will get the chance to enrich your skills and work with people from 30+ nationalities.
WFP Summer Internship Programme 2019 Details:
- World Food Programme
- WFP Regional Bureau Cairo: based in New Maadi, Cairo
Some Best International Internships 2019, Check out these too.
- ICIQ Summer Internship Programme 2019 in Spain – Fully Funded
- United States Summer Internship 2019 By Global Leadership Forum
- International Internship Challenge 2019 in Germany – Fully Funded
The selected candidate for the United Nations Internship will be assisting the WFP Communications Unit with the following key duties:
- Assisting with video editing,
- Archiving, conceptualizing creative videos and documenting video guidance for country offices counterparts.
Why Join WFP?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤
- Make a difference, the world will notice.
- We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍
- Build bridges that unite people across the world.
- Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
- How we deliver our mission in a deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡
- Unlock possibilities you never thought you’d find.
- WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐
- Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
- WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations.
Minimum Requirements for applying to summer Internships
- University students with graduation year in 2019 or 2020.
- Recent graduate (max. 6 months after graduation)
- Full-time availability in the period of July and August.
- Strong academic track record (good, very good or excellent ratings)
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Extracurricular activities are a must.
- A previous internship experience is a plus
Other Specific Job Requirements:
- Studies in Communication, or Social Media
- Experience with video editing and work samples
- Experience using video editing software.
Watch this video to know more about WFP 2018 summer Internship program!!
How to Apply for WFP Summer Internship Programme 2019 in Egypt?
Click on the Apply Now button below to proceed to United Nations summer internship online application. First, you need to create an account and then carefully fill all the required fields.
- Deadline to submit Application is 27 April 2019.
Deadline is April 27, 2019