Applications are open for the fully funded Fully Funded Western Union Foundation OYW Delegate Scholarship in The Netherlands.
Across the globe, more than 65 million people have been forced to leave their homes and start over, and all too often it’s these circumstances that come to define them. But these global citizens are so much more.
Through partnerships with NGOs around the world, the Western Union Foundation works to empower migrants and refugees to create better lives for themselves, their families and their communities.
Now the Western Union Foundation is partnering with One Young World to offer the Western Union Foundation One Young World Delegate Scholarship for three (3) young people to attend the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, the Netherlands.
- Western Union Foundation
- 4 Days
- 17-20 Oct 2018
Also Visit: Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards 2018
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague (flights in economy), plus a stipend for ground transportation to/from the airport, hotel and Summit venue.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis (twin rooms) between 16 and 20 (inclusive) October 2018. (Arrangements may be made for delegates to avail of an additional night’s accommodation on 15 October, should their travel itinerary require.)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner during the Summit.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- Discretionary funds to provide for emergency out of pocket expenses while in The Hague up to a maximum of £250.00 per delegate.
Candidates of any background between the ages of 18 and 30 who are working to support refugee and/or migrant communities are eligible for this scholarship.
Successful sponsored delegates will demonstrate:
- Evidenced commitment to creating social impact within migrant or refugee communities.
- Leadership ability in their chosen cause or issue.
- Capacity for innovation and values-driven problem solving.
- Concern for local and global issues.
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas.
- Ability to work towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration.
How to Apply:
- Apply through the online application system. Please note that you will be unable to save your responses and edit them at a later date. With this in mind, we recommend saving your responses in an offline document before submitting your application.
- The application deadline for Western Union Foundation OYW Delegate Scholarship in The Netherlands is 4 June 2018