University of Tokyo is announced its prestigious UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program 2019 .This is a fully funded summer internship program in Japan for national and international students. Students from all over the world can apply for this paid summer internship 2019 in Japan.
The duration of the UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program is 2 months and it will start in June 2019 and ends in August 2019. All the cost related to the program will be covered by the program. The students will work full time in the laboratory for 8 weeks. By the end of their summer experience, students are expected to acquire knowledge and skills for conducting research. The students are also expected to extend their international friendship through the collaborative experiences. These experiences will help the students to develop future collaborations in many situations.
In addition to working full time in the laboratory for 8 weeks, the program features:
- Visits to Graduate Schools and Institutes related to biomedical research
- Information sessions on how to apply to Graduate Schools at UTokyo
- Special seminars and luncheons where students can meet and have discussions
- Access to UTokyo campus facilities such as the Library, Health Care Center and Gymnasium
- Japanese culture seminars and language classes
The Amgen Scholars Program provides hundreds of undergraduates each year with the opportunity to undertake scientific research projects at many of the world’s leading institutions.
Launched in 2006 in the United States, 2008 in Europe, and 2015 in Japan at the University of Tokyo and Kyoto University, Amgen Scholars has expanded to additional world-class institutions in the U.S., Europe and Asia!
UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program 2019 Details:
- University of Tokyo
- 2 Months
- June, 10 2019 – August 5, 2019
Popular International Internships 2019, Check out these too:
- International Paid Internship in Canada
- IST Summer Internship in Austria – Fully Funded
- DESY Summer Internship in Germany
- Internships in Switzerland
The University of Tokyo Amgen Scholars Program 2019 is a fully funded program and all the cost will be covered by the organisers.
- Students will get Free Accommodation in Near Campus.
- The stipend vary according to regions:
|Asia / Oceania||350,000 JPY|
|Africa / Middle East||400,000 JPY|
|North, Central and South America||550,000 JPY|
- The stipend should be used freely for transportation fees including the Airfares to Japan and to your own destination after the program, the budget for food and any personal trips during your stay in Japan and so on.
- After your selection to Amgen Scholars Program 2019. Stipend money will be transferred to your account. You can buy your ticket by using this amount. You can use the remaining money in your account once you start your summer internship.
- This stipend is more than enough for 2 months . The good thing is that it will cover will traveling cost and you don’t need to pay for anything. Don’t miss this chance and apply.
UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program applicants must be undergraduate students who are:
- Enrolled in colleges or universities worldwide that award a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent).
- At the minimum, have completed their First Year of Undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins.
- Are not graduating before the summer program begins, and after the summer program ends will resume Undergraduate Studies for at least 1 semester or 1 quarter.
- Have a strong record of academic performance
- Non-native English speakers who have been receiving undergraduate education from an institution whose language of instruction is English do not need to submit test scores
- To devote full effort in participation in the Amgen Scholars Program. Scholars cannot take any courses or hold a job throughout the duration of the program. In addition, all participants must be able to attend the program for its entire duration.
- To live in the accommodation provided by UTokyo.
- To participate fully in the day-to-day life of the research group, respect the work of all members of the laboratory, and attend and participate in laboratory meetings or other gatherings.
- To attend the orientation on June 11, all required conferences, activities and social events.
- To give a poster/presentation describing his/her summer research project.
- To submit a research paper to the UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program Director at the conclusion of the program.
- Portrait photo (Passport Size)
- Scanned copy of Passport or ID card
- Resume/CV and Cover letter. Download and complete the designated form below. Please save your documents as a Word file (e.g. .doc/docx). Resume_CV_Coverletter_UTokyoASP2019.docx
- Academic Transcript
- Questionnaire. Download and complete the designated form below. Please save your documents as an Excel file (e.g. .xls/xlsx). Questionnaire_UTokyoASP2019.xlsx
- Proof of your English proficiency. A letter specifying that you are taking your education in English issued by your university
- Letter of Reference
- Privacy Statement and Agreement. Privacy Statement and Agreement >>> Click HERE to download. Please be aware that applicants cannot apply for the program without this signed document.
How to Apply for UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program 2019?
Click on the Apply Now button to proceed to online application form. Click on “Create a New Account” first to make your own account and get your application number.Fill out all the required field and upload files.
Note: Tablets and mobile phones using Android or iOS systems are not to be used with T-cens SP
- February 1, 2019, at 3:00 pm JST: Application deadline (*Japan Standard Time=UTC+9:00)
- Mid-March, 2019: Applicants notified of the decision
- June 10, 2019: Participants must have arrived in Tokyo by this date
- June 11, 2019: UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program begins
- August 5, 2019: Program ends
The application deadline for University of Tokyo Amgen Scholars Program 2019 is February 1, 2019 3:00 pm JST*.
Please send all inquiries regarding the University of Tokyo Tokyo Amgen Scholars Program to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is February 1, 2019