Applications are now invited for United Nations University Internship Programme 2019 in Belgium. The United Nations University Institute on Comparative Regional Integration Studies (UNU-CRIS) offers students with an interest and background in regional integration studies the opportunity to take part in the activities of the Institute
The United Nations University (UNU) is a global think tank and postgraduate teaching organization headquartered in Japan. The mission of the UN University is to contribute, through collaborative research and education, to efforts to resolve the pressing global problems of human survival, development, and welfare that are the concern of the United Nations, its Peoples, and the Member States.
In carrying out this mission, the UN University works with leading universities and research institutes in the UN Member States, functioning as a bridge between the international academic community and the United Nations system.
United Nations University Internship 2019 Details:
Facilities & Services:
Office space, computer facilities, and access to the libraries of UNU-CRIS, UNU, Ghent University, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, and the College of Europe are provided. While traineeships and internship are non-remunerated, travel costs incurred by attendance at UNU-CRIS related events are reimbursed.
In addition, Bruges’ favourable location close to Brussels provides direct access to the seat of the European Union and other international organisations, as well as a number of universities and research centres based in the Belgian capital.
Although admitted candidates are required to arrange their own travel, housing, and health insurance, UNU-CRIS will provide advice and support to help facilitate the search process.
Check and Apply for Taiwan internship Program 2019
The duties of UNU-CRIS Interns involve:
- Research tasks related to the research programme of interest based on the needs of the supervisor and on the ongoing projects and research activities at the time of the internship
- Presentation of the work performed during the research stay at one of the research brunches, which are informal gatherings bringing together UNU-CRIS researchers;
- Assistance in administrative and other tasks, as needed.
Besides, interns are welcome to take part in seminars, workshops, conferences and other events
organized by UNU-CRIS, including informal briefings and roundtable discussions.
- be enrolled in a master’s programme or hold a master’s degree
- demonstrate a strong interest in regional integration studies and specifically in one of the research programmes of the Institute, namely:
1. The Role of Regions in Global Governance
2. Monitoring of Regional Integration
3. The UN and Public Regional Goods
- be eager to contribute to the research projects and activities of the Institute
- thrive under pressure and be able to act quickly and efficiently
- possess excellent English communicating and writing skills
- be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
- be available for a minimum duration of three months up to a maximum of six months
How to Apply for United Nations University Internship Programme 2019 in Belgium?
UNU-CRIS launches calls for applications twice a year. The deadline for the first call is 1 May; the deadline for the second call is 1 November. Candidates are expected to start in July and January, respectively, at the earliest, or the beginning of October and April, respectively, at the latest. The exact start and end dates of the internship are negotiable.
Interested candidates shall submit their application online.
Applications must include:
- a curriculum vitae
- a letter of motivation
- a letter of recommendation
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The last date to apply for United Nations University Internship Programme 2019 in Belgium is 1 May, 2019.