Call for applications forUnited Nations UN Young Professionals Programme 2018 in USA. The Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is a recruitment initiative for talented, highly qualified professionals to start a career as an international civil servant with the United Nations Secretariat. It consists of an entrance examination and professional development programmes once successful candidates start their career with the UN.
UN Young Professionals Programme Details:
- United States of America
- United Nations UN
Also Read: World Bank Young Professional Programs YPP
The YPP examination is held once a year and is open to nationals of countries participating in the annual recruitment exercise. The list of participating countries is published annually and varies from year to year.
Eligible Regions: Afghanistan, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahrain, Belarus, Belize, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Central African Republic, China, Comoros, Cuba, Cyprus, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Dominica, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Grenada, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Japan, Kiribati, Kuwait, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated States of), Monaco, Mozambique, Nauru, Norway, Oman, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, South Sudan, Suriname, Syrian Arab Republic, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Vanuatu, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Viet Nam.
Basic application criteria:
- You must have the nationality of a participating country.
- You must hold at least a first-level university degree relevant for the exam subject you are applying for.
- You must be 32 or younger in the year of the examination.
- You must be fluent in either English or French.
Please visit official website for more details about benefits and application process.
How to Apply:
- The application period is open from 11 June through 9 August 2018 (closes at 11:59 PM New York time).
- Please log in to inspira.un.org to view and apply to the Job Openings (JO).
- Apply online through the given link
- 2018 YPP Exam in LEGAL AFFAIRS: JO # 97458
- 2018 YPP Exam in SOCIAL AFFAIRS: JO # 97511
- 2018 YPP Exam in STATISTICS: JO # 97438
- The application deadline for UN Young Professionals Programme is August 9, 2018