Apply now for United Nation’s Global Climate Action Award 2020 and attend a fully covered attendance to the UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow, Scotland under the Women for Results or Climate Neutral Now categories.
Spearheaded by UN Climate Change’s Momentum for a Change initiative, the UN Global Climate Action Award shines a light on the most innovative, scalable and replicable examples of what people around the world are doing to tackle climate change.
Winning activities will be officially recognized and celebrated during an award ceremony and a series of special events at the UN Climate Change Conference (COP 26) in Glasgow, Scotland, in November 2020.
If you are leading a results-driven project that is successfully addressing climate change, then apply and don’t wait till the last date.
United Nation’s Global Climate Action Award 2020:
- UNFCCC secretariat
Looking for International Conferences? Here is the list of International Conferences in 2020
The 2020 call for applications includes the following three areas of focus:
Women for Results, recognizing the critical leadership and participation of women in addressing climate change;
Financing for Climate Friendly Investment, recognizing successful financial innovations for climate change adaption and mitigation;
Climate Neutral Now, recognizing efforts by individuals, companies, and governments that are achieving real results in transitioning to climate neutrality.
What benefits do UN Global Climate Action Award winners receive?
Award winners receive the following benefits package:
I. Engagement with policymakers
- Recognition by the UNFCCC secretariat;
- Funded attendance to UN Climate Change Conference (apart from winners under the Financing for Climate Friendly investment category, which need to be self-funded to attend the Conference);
- Opportunities to present work to policymakers during the UN Climate Change Conference.
II. Public relations support
- Concentrated media engagement effort prior to and during the UN Climate Change Conferences, including placement of opinion pieces and earned media;
- The on-going digital campaign, including social media, email marketing, and promotion on the UN Climate Change website.
III. Marketing support
- Promotional videos;
- Dedicated webpage on the UN Climate Change website;
- Interactive annual reports;
- Professional photography.
For Webinars and informative videos, Subscribe Scholarships Corner Youtube Channel
Why Should You Apply?
- If your project is selected as a winning activity under the Women for Results or Climate Neutral Now categories you will receive a wide range of benefits, including fully covered attendance to the UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow, Scotland, in November 2020; access to policymakers and potential funders during the conference; public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat; public relations support and media training; marketing materials, including promotional videos; a dedicated page about your project on our website; and professional photography.
Note: Winning projects under the Financing for Climate Friendly Investment category will need to be self-funded to the conference and provide their own video and photo materials.
Basic Eligibility Criteria for United Nations Conference?
- Organizations, communities, cities, businesses, universities, governments and others that are taking concrete action on climate change can apply to have their projects recognized by the UN Climate Change secretariat as a 2020 Lighthouse Activity.
Your activity must meet the eligibility criteria for its respective area of focus. Please note that each of the three areas of focus has its own criteria. In order to meet the basic eligibility criteria, the activity must:
- Address climate change mitigation or adaptation;
- Be already implemented, or in the course of implementation;
- Be scalable and/or replicable with potential for long-term impact;
- Be innovative and/or demonstrate the potential for long-term transformational change;
- Deliver verifiable social and environmental benefits;
- Not be registered or have intentions to register as a clean development mechanism (CDM) or joint implementation (JI) initiative in the next two years.
How to Apply for the United Nations Climate Change Conference 2020?
To start a new application, register in our online application portal. It will take at least an hour to complete an application. You can save your progress at any time and work on it at your convenience
Through a rigorous evaluation process, the Momentum for Change Advisory Panel will select a small number of activities from the total pool of submissions.
Winning activities are shining examples of successful mitigation and adaptation actions that serve to inspire and increase momentum for further action on climate change. Winning activities are chosen on the basis of predefined selection criteria which, in addition to specific thematic criteria, emphasize innovative partnerships as a way to achieve long-lasting, transformational change. Winning activities must also be replicable and scalable.
- The last date to apply for the United Nation’s Global Climate Action Award 2020 is 30 April 2020.
Note: For more Amazing & Fully-Funded national and international opportunities, visit our website scholarshipscorner.website and Follow us on Facebook Page, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Youtube Channel and Telegram.
Deadline is April 30, 2020