The University of Lausanne is now accepting applications for UNIL Undergraduate Summer Internship 2019in Switzerland. The programme is very competitive and all students are chosen based upon their academic record, letters of recommendation and personal statements.
The UNIL Summer Students will spend 8 weeks in some of the world best labs of Switzerland. The SUR Programme will begin in July 2019 and end in August 2019. The aim of UNIL Summer Students Program is to attract deserving, talented and outstanding motivated students from near and far for a research experience that will remain with them for their lifetimes. The SUR students will show the results of their research on a poster and write a final report on it.
The UNIL Undergraduate Summer Internship will cover all the program cost. The Program will pay for housing, Airfare and visa. The UNI Summer Exchange Program will also provide a scholarship to cover your living expenses.
The Summer Exchange Students will also take part in social activities. The students will have chance to explore the beautiful culture of Switzerland and share their cultures with the local community. Students will hike in the Alps, barbecues, swimming in the beautiful Lac Léman. The research students will also visit different cities of the Switzerland. What are waiting for? Apply as soon as Possible and explore the beauty of Switzerland.
UNIL Undergraduate Summer Internship Details:
- University of Lausanne
- Summer Research Program for Undergraduate Students
Fields of Study:
- Any field in the life sciences, as well as those pursuing medical studies. (Biology, Medical Studies)
- 2 Months (8 Weeks)
- July-August 2019
- The program coordinator will arrange and pay for the housing. You will be housed within one of the buildings of the FMEL association, in a single room within an apartment with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities. The program coordinator will inform you when your housing assignment is made, how to contact them and where it is located.
- The programme will also provide you a scholarship of approximately CHF 1500 to cover other living expenses.
- Limited funds are available to cover justified costs of travel to Lausanne. In general, up to CHF 500 for European travel and CHF 1200 for overseas travel is covered. Original receipts and boarding passes will be required for reimbursement.
- Assistance will be provided to all students who require visas to come to Switzerland.
Participants must be covered for health and accidents from their home country.
- While most of the time is spent in the host lab, each week the students come together for shared academic activities, often with participants of the sister programme at the EPFL.
- These activities include introductory student research presentations, lectures from faculty members on research topics and their career paths, and career guidance workshops in academia and beyond.
- At the end of the summer, students present the results of their research on a poster during a joint UNIL/EPFL Symposium and write a final report.
The eligibility criteria of the SUR International Summer School is given below:
- The programme is aimed at undergraduate students who have completed the second or third year of their university degree in any biological or medical field. Undergraduate means the first 4 years of university training usually towards a bachelor’s degree.
- The programme is highly competitive and students are chosen based upon their academic record (typically GPA >3.75 or equivalent, and/or top 5% class ranking), personal statements, and letters of recommendation.
- If your university does not use a 4 point scale, then include an explanation of your grading scale in the online application (under curriculum vitae B). Differences in grading scales will be taken into consideration, but you must be in the top 5 % of your class.
- Students can be of any nationality and be studying in any country, but should have very good abilities in written and spoken English.
- Students must be present for the entire programme to participate.
Applicants who have completed only one year of an undergraduate degree, or who will have graduated by the time of the programme are not eligible.
A listing of all courses with grades taken at the university level is required in the online application. In addition, an official document of your transcripts, saved in a Word, JPG or PDF format, in English, French or German must be uploaded during the online application
This document should be named in the following format: “CandidateSurname_Transcripts.pdf”
In addition to the online application, you must arrange for two confidential letters of recommendation from people familiar with your academic work (e.g., professors). Please ask your referees to use the letter template below.
This form should be completed and named in the following format:
The document should be e-mailed directly by your referees to firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline.
How to Apply for UNIL Undergraduate Summer Internship 2019?
Click on the Apply Now button below to proceed to Online application for the 2019 Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) Programme . Fill the required carefully and upload the required documents according to instructions. At the end of online application form you will list your laboratory preferences for your summer research in Switzerland.
You will find the PDF procedure on their website under How to Apply for Summer School 2019?
The last date to apply for UNIL Undergraduate Summer Internship 2019 is midnight CET 20th of January 2019.
Selected participants will be informed via email about 3 weeks after the application deadline. Apply now for this paid summer internship 2019.