The online application of the famous and competitive UNIL Internship in Switzerland in 2020 is now open. The UNIL Summer Internship 2020 will run from July 6th till August 28th at the University of Lausanne. The good news is that you don’t need IELTS/TOEFL for the summer internship application. Students also enjoy many social activities, including a hike in the Alps, barbecues, swimming in Lac Léman, and visits to other cities in Switzerland!
The University of Lausanne Summer Undergraduate Research Programme is a fully-funded international internships in Switzerland. All the costs of the SUR Programme will be covered by the program coordinator. Students of any nationality, studying in any country can apply for this amazing opportunity.
During 8 weeks in July and August, the SUR Programme hosts about 15 Bachelor (first university degree) students with both biological and medical studies background from around the world (including 1-2 from Lausanne). Each participant will perform an individual research project in a different laboratory of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine. This programme aims to attract outstanding motivated students from near and far for a research experience that will remain with them for their lifetimes.
While most of the time is spent in the host lab, each week the students come together for shared academic activities, often with participants of the sister programme at the EPFL. These activities include introductory student research presentations, lectures from faculty members on research topics and their career paths, and career guidance workshops in academia and beyond.
Stay in touch and keep visiting our Facebook page Scholarships Corner for live sessions and guidelines about different opportunities. We also share opportunities on our Instagram account on a daily basis. Follow us on Instagram “scholarshipscorner” and Don’t miss any opportunity.
UNIL Internship in Switzerland 2020 Details:
- University of Lausanne
- 8 Weeks
- 6th July – 28th July
- Accommodation: The program coordinator will arrange and pay for the housing. Students will be housed in a furnished apartment of one of the UNIL associations, in a single room with a shared kitchen and bathroom.
- Round Airfare: Up to CHF 500 for European travel and CHF 1200 for overseas travel is covered. Original receipts and boarding passes will be required for reimbursement.
- Living Expenses: The programme will also provide a scholarship of approximately CHF 1500 to cover other living expenses.
- Visa Assistance: Assistance will be provided to all students who require visas to come to Switzerland.
Must Apply for the University of Tokyo Summer Internship in Japan 2020 (Fully Funded)
The eligibility criteria of the UNIL paid internship for undergraduate students is given below:
- The programme is aimed at undergraduate students who have completed the second or third year of their university degree in any biological or medical field.
- Undergraduate means the first 4 years of university training usually towards a bachelor’s degree.
- Students from over the world can apply
- The programme is highly competitive and students are chosen based upon their academic record (typically GPA >3.75 or equivalent, and/or top 5% class ranking), personal statements, and letters of recommendation.
Note: Applicants who have completed only one year of an undergraduate degree, or who will have graduated by the time of the programme are not eligible for UNIL Internship 2020.
A listing of all courses with grades taken at the university level is required in the online application. In addition, an official document of your transcripts, saved in a Word, JPG or PDF format, in English, French or German must be uploaded during the online application
This document should be named in the following format:
In addition to the online application, you must arrange for two confidential letters of recommendation from people familiar with your academic work (e.g., professors). Please ask your referees to use the letter template below.
This form should be completed and named in the following format:
The document should be e-mailed directly by your referees to email@example.com before the application deadline.
How to Apply for International Summer Internship 2020?
You need to fill an online application for the 2020 Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) Programme.
Once you are registered, you can save your online application as many times as you want by simply clicking on “Resume later” but this time you do not have to fill out the box again. Any modification you have made will be saved before you close the application programme.
You will find the PDF procedure on our website under How to Apply for The School of Biology Summer School 2020?
- The application must be complete, INCLUDING Recommendation letters by January 23rd, 2020, midnight CET. Selected participants will be informed via email about 3 weeks after the application deadline.
INCOMPLETE OR LATE APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE CONSIDERED.
Deadline is January 23, 2020