Call for applications for the UNIDO Training Course 2019 on Gender and Industrial Development in Bahrain. The United Nations Industrial Development Organization training course will take place in ITPO Bahrain; Manama, Bahrain from 9 – 13 November 2019. The number of participants is limited to 25 persons. Participants will be selected according to the eligibility criteria and their application package. The United Nations training program is fully funded and the UNIDO, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland and the UNIDO ITPO Arab International Center for Entrepreneurship & Investment in Bahrain will cover course fees, accommodation, catering and traveling.
The training course targets government officials engaged in the design and implementation of industrial policies, gender focal points of the relevant national ministries (e.g. industry, economy, labor, and trade), regional organizations and representatives of organizations focusing on the economic empowerment of women.
The training program on Gender and Industrial Development is organized by UNIDO in cooperation with the UNIDO Investment and Technology Promotion Office (ITPO) Bahrain and supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland and the Arab International Center for Entrepreneurship & Investment.
This year`s training course will be conducted for countries from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. Participants will learn how to analyze and measure the links between gender inequalities and industrial development and design policies and programs to promote women’s economic empowerment, based on best practices and country examples.
Stay in touch and keep visiting our Facebook page Scholarships Corner for live sessions and guidelines about different opportunities
UNIDO Training Course 2019 Details:
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization
- UNIDO – ITPO Bahrain; Manama, Bahrain
Also, Apply for ICRC Writing Competition 2019 for the Arabic Speaking States [Total Prize USD3250]
Training Program Dates:
- 9 – 13 November 2019
Training Program Duration:
- 5 Days
No. of Participants:
- The number of participants is limited to 25 persons.
Training Benefits/Financial Support:
- The course will be delivered free-of-charge,
- Course Fees, Accommodation, Catering, and Travel will be covered by UNIDO, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland and the UNIDO ITPO Arab International Center for Entrepreneurship & Investment in Bahrain,
- A certificate of completion will be awarded to all those who participate in all components and successfully complete all course requirements.
- Participants will receive relevant learning materials during the course.
Apply for the world’s biggest International Volunteer Forum Russia 2019 [10,000 Volunteers]
Course Design and Objectives:
The training course is organized in modules focusing on different aspects of the two-way relationship between industrial development and gender equality, and will also involve a one-day field trip. Theoretical explanations will be illustrated by country case studies as well as examples of UNIDO projects with strong gender components. The training will involve a combination of lectures and group exercises.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply basic concepts and principles of gender equality to industrial development issues; applying an intersectional perspective;
- Describe roles, opportunities, and constraints for women in industry related to structural change, sectoral and occupational segregation, growth of informal economies, and gender-wage gap;
- Identify gender patterns in manufacturing, including the manner in which industrial development impacts women’s economic empowerment and the ways gender inequality impacts industrial performance and competitiveness;
- Understand how automation, technology, and innovation can impact women and men differently, including identifying gender bias in policies and its negative effects on sustainable growth, employment, and division of labor;
- Understand gender issues and biases that should be taken into account in data collection and analysis, as well as the importance of sex-disaggregated data and gender-related indicators;
- Identify bottlenecks and prioritize policy measures to advance the position of women managers, workers and entrepreneurs in different sectors and contexts, especially focusing on key sectors or thematic policy areas with a high potential to drive a green economy transition.
Sessions will be delivered by UNIDO staff and invited experts. Training sessions and all materials will be in English.
- Participation in the course is open to high- and midlevel professionals from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region that are engaged in the field of industrial development as well as
representatives from associations focusing on women’s economic empowerment.
- Seniority is the key selection determinant for participation. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
- The course and all related material will be in English. No translation services will be provided.
- Online UNIDO/UN Women training module on Gender, Inclusive and Sustainable Industrial Development (ISID).
How to Apply for UNIDO Training Course in Bahrain?
In order to apply for the 2019 edition of the training course on Gender and Industrial Development, taking place in Bahrain 9-13 November 2019, you need to fill an online application.
Applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of recommendation/nomination
- Letter of motivation
- The deadline for applications is 26th September, 2019.
Deadline is September 26, 2019