The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund is now accepting applications for UNICEF Internship 2019 in Khartoum, Sudan. The duration of the United Nations internship in Sudan is 3-6 months. UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), originally known as the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund, was created by the United Nations General Assembly on 11 December 1946, to provide emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries that had been devastated by World War II. The Polish physician Ludwik Rajchman is widely regarded as the founder of UNICEF and served as its first chairman from 1946 to 1950 when he had to flee the United States in the wake of McCarthyism. Rajchman is to this day the only person that served as UNICEF’s Chairman for longer than 2 years.
Across 190 countries and territories, they work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
UNICEF Internship 2019 Details:
- 3 to 6 Months
The purpose of the UNICEF internship programme is:
- To provide a framework by which current eligible undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate students from diverse academic backgrounds are assigned to UNICEF offices, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments;
- To expose the interns to the work of UNICEF; and
- To provide UNICEF offices with the assistance of qualified students specialized in various professional fields.
To support the Sudan Human Resources Unit in the following:
- The approval process of HR actions;
- Recruitment and placement of National and International Staff;
- Recruitment and Administration of consultants and individual contractors;
- Learning and development initiatives;
- Time management;
- Collection, analysis, and presentation of data related to Security and HR indicators;
- Induction programme for newcomers joining the Office
- And Assist HR Manager with any other tasks as required
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A first-level university degree in Human Resources Management, Business administration or any related field.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of relevant computer systems and applications; excellent knowledge of MS Office is required.
- Courses and/or experience in Human Resources Management is preferred.
To be considered for an internship with UNICEF, applicants must meet the following requirements
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. degree programme or have graduated within the past two years.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Be proficient in at least one of UNICEF’s working languages: English, French or Spanish. Fluency in the working language of the office you are applying to is required.
- Have excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
- Have no immediate relatives (e.g. father, mother, brother, sister) working in any UNICEF office; and
- Have no other relatives in the line of authority which the intern will report to.
Individuals must demonstrate excellent academic performance through recent university or institution records.
Additional consideration will be given for any past experience.
How to Apply for UNICEF Internship 2019 in Sudan?
If you have previously applied for a position in UNICEF, please use the same e-mail address as your previous application. If you are haven’t applied for any position before please first create an account.
- The closing date for UNICEF Internship is Thu May 02 2019.
Deadline is May 2, 2019